hutchae84

Japanese Maple- Usu Midori

My husband and I have been on the lookout for the "right" JM for almost a year now. We spotted this beauty at the nursery and eventhough I couldn't find many mature pictures online we decided to take a leap of faith and bought it. Does anyone have this tree or any pictures to share of a more mature one. here is our new beauty.

A rather select and uncommon cultivar!! Good on you for finding :-) Hasn't been around long enough for many mature specimens to be availabe to view but it will not get to be a big tree........maybe around 3-4m.

• Hutchae84 Zone 8b/PNW
    Thanks Gardengal. Not many people I know in real life love plants as much as I do, so it's nice to come here and share :)

We are putting it on the corner of our house so it was important for it not to outgrow the space, I figured this slow grower would be a good fit. Its already around 7-8ft! I'm looking forward to seeing how it matures over the next few years.
  • mblan13

From MrMaple: This little known cultivar is a gem! 'Usu midori' leafs out tin the spring with a peachy orange red before turning to a bright golden yellow. As the leaves mature into summer, the leaves turn to a chartreuse with bright golden yellow new growth on the summer flushes of growth. Fall color is a bright orange-red. 'Usu midori' may reach 10-12 ft in 10 years. 'Usu midori' was found in Tokyo, Japan by Mr. Kishida in 1988. Extremely rare in cultivation and very beautiful. A must in any garden!