Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sharon2079

Helpmefind.com super slow....

sharon2079
4 years ago

Is anybody else having problems with the site.... it has been getting worse for me over the past feww days. At first it was slow, now it seems to have come to a screeching halt.

Comments (31)

• User
    4 years ago

..yes same here... I've given up on it for a while until it's sorted.. I've noticed other complaints about various things these past few days... so some glitch somewhere or other it seems..

sharon2079 thanked User
  • summersrhythm_z6a
    4 years ago

It’s not slow for me. Try again.

• altorama Ray
    4 years ago

It has been very slow for me for a few weeks, getting on is fast but looking at my pics very slow.

sharon2079 thanked altorama Ray
  • Magnus - England
    4 years ago

Same. It's one of those incredibly useful websites I can't quite believe exists but i'm glad it does!

sharon2079 thanked Magnus - England
  • summersrhythm_z6a
    4 years ago

Your internet service might be slow.......

• Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
    4 years ago
    I am like Summer..no problem at all.
    jin
  • User
    4 years ago

The problem is with the photos... sometimes they don't load at all, or you get stuck on one and can't get out of it.. the rest of it seems ok...

sharon2079 thanked User
  • flowersaremusic z5 Eastern WA
    4 years ago

I noticed a few days ago that it's gotten slow. I'm not complaining, though, because I'm not a member and just grateful it's there.

• sharon2079
    Original Author
    4 years ago

hmmm..... no it isn't my provider.... I have fiber business and I would know if it was slow from other things..... however if it isn't slow for some and not for others the site might not be working well for certain browsers.

• roseseek
    4 years ago

If there is something amiss with the site, sending an email to the Help Desk at roses@HelpMeFind.com will get you the needed help.

sharon2079 thanked roseseek
  • Alana8aSC
    4 years ago

I noticed it today!

• Protoavis z
    4 years ago

I'm not entirely sure its the site as such. Being in Australia I've been having issues with most non cloud based services hosted in the USA (rest of planet is normal). Given traffic from here to there can only enter the USA via three cables along the west coast. I suspect there's some issue with infrastructure or maintenance going but can't find anything conclusive.

• User
    4 years ago

Yep, it's really slow, photos seem main problem.

• roseseek
    4 years ago

Out of curiosity, I've been sampling HMF and its features since first discovering this thread. I'm in California where we still have Net Neutrality. I've not experienced any issues with anything loading (including adding photos to the site).

• Stephanie, 9b inland SoCal
    4 years ago
    I have not noticed any issues. Usually I am in California but now in Utah. I generally use the app on either my iPhone or iPad and all has been working fine over this last week. But I am guessing using the app would get around any net neutrality issue? So I decided to do a test this morning. I tested the Houzz app, Firefox and Safari on my iPad on hotel WiFi and all is blazing fast and all pictures loading. I posted a comment using each method and scrolled through many posts to test each. No problems here.
  • sharon2079
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Yes. It is when you try and look at the pictures. I ran up and down streams and it does not appear to be an issue on my end. For those that have no problems what are you using. It looks like some are using phones.... can you try this on your computer. Are you using Firefox, Netscape, Bing.... something else...... sometimes providers do upgrades and DON'T test everything (not that they have every browser to try it) But maybe if we all say what we are using we can help them figure it out..... I bet it is either a browser or a main outage in their router tables..... I am using FireFox

• User
    4 years ago

I use Microsoft Edge and I get the problems on that, intermittent though they are, I can be trying to look at a photo and it won't appear,and all I get is ''waiting for response'',.. then my screen freezes... and I have to click on another website to get out of it.

I don't have any problems using Google Chrome browser...

Strangely, with this forum, Edge works perfectly, but Chrome is painful...

• sharon2079
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Marolena that is how it is working for me.... I try to look at photos and it gets STUCK..... I have to exit and if I go back into it, it may load.... or it may not... no rhyme or reason.....

• Stephanie, 9b inland SoCal
    4 years ago
    So I feel silly. I did all my testing this morning in Houzz. Now that I realize the question was about HelpMeFind, I did some advanced searching and navigating in my HMF account in Safari on my iPhone. It is working very well with cell tower service (not WiFi) for this evening’s test.
  • summersrhythm_z6a
    4 years ago

Good work Stephanie! :-) I tried my iPhone, desktop and laptop without any issues.

• roseseek
    4 years ago

HP laptop, Chrome and Firefox, no issues on either.

sharon2079 thanked roseseek
  • Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

I'm now unable to even move between the tabs, much less send a notice to them. Before it was just slow pics or no pics. I can't even get to my own pages. Anyone heard back from them?Edit to add it started working again just after I emailed them. Ughh!

4 years ago

Just heard back from HMF. Extremely quick response oh, but they aren't aware of any problems at their end so apparently no one has contacted them prior. We'll see what they say.

sharon2079 thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
    4 years ago

HMF was not aware of any issues until I notified them and mentioned this post. They said there was a change a while back when the internet hardware company that they use to host their site was sold to another company. They are researching the issue and ask that if one is unable to access HMF to email them right away so that they can log onto their host provider and see the status of their account. I'm also not getting notices of pms on my email account. Hopefully, they'll be able to correct it.

sharon2079 thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
  • yandallhouse
    3 years ago

Mine has been so slow for months that it’s almost useless. Takes 2 minutes just to load 4 photos after setting up my search criteria

• jerijen
    3 years ago

Works like lightning, here.

3 years ago

Have you notified them, divadog?

• summersrhythm_z6a
    3 years ago

It works like a thunder, no delays on my iPhone.

• roseseek
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

@yandallhouse check the file size for your photos. They should be approximately 300 dpi to upload well. Much larger and the upload is slower. That speed is also greatly affected by the upload speed of your ISP. If something is choking your signal, you won't have much success in uploading or downloading files. The photo file size is very often the issue.

• jerijen
    3 years ago

What Kim said.

I reduce the image size of photos to 7 ins. x 300 dpi, for HMF, as well as for all Facebook pages, and at that size, they work really well. Any larger, and there are problems and lockups.