Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
totoro8

First blooms of First crush

totoro z7b Md
4 years ago

Love the fruity fragrance. Not loving the tall and gangly bush. It is vigorous though.

Comments (8)

• dianela7analabama
    4 years ago

Looking great Totoro, this rose looks amazing in your garden. I am about to remove 3 from one of my bedroom's window because it looks so terrible. For some reason the thrips wont leave her alone here and it turns brown from the begining. I wish my blooms looked like yours.

totoro z7b Md thanked dianela7analabama
  • totoro z7b Md
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Agree thrips like FC. I think it has been unusually cold here this spring so thrips not out yet? Or else my beneficials have eaten them this year?

• modestgoddess z6 OH
    4 years ago

Interesting that yours gets so tall, mine stays under 4 feet in its 4th year. It's from Lowe's so it might be grafted.

• sautesmom Sacramento
    4 years ago

Mine is still a foot tall, year 3, in one of my sunniest spots.
    It does not like the 100 degree heat, I am planning on moving it

Carla in Sac

• needmorerose_va_zone8
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

All four of mine are barely a foot tall, year two. Lots of buds though. Not sure why yours are so tall. What did you feed them LOL

• totoro z7b Md
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Here come the thrips! Bouquet from today

In her first season in the garden I fed her Miracle-Gro bloom booster. The growth was tremendous.

• dianela7analabama
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

This is such a delicate fragrant rose. I wish I could figure out how to get rid of the thrips. I even sprayed mine with some conserve which is supposed to be great and nothing. It isn’t a great picture, but it looked very rough in person so I gave up and cut it down.

I would like to add all my garden has thrips, but some roses just handle it well. Olivia Austin is very light pink but the damage doesn’t show much.