bathdilemna

Polarstone not being called Quartz but "Engineered Composite" now

bathdilemna

I have been searching for months to find quartz countertops that resemble marble as closely as possible. I discovered Polarstone and in my opinion, they are the most realistic looking. I visited a Polarstone warehouse to view full slabs. I found out that they have changed their formulation recently so the two choices I am considering, Olympia and Opal Marquette, are different than the originals but may even look more beautiful and realistic.

My concern is that they are no longer calling this material quartz, but instead it is now called engineered composite. I was told it has quartz in it, but am not being told the percentages. I know typically most quartz products are 93% quartz and 7% resin. I am just wondering since this is something relatively new, and I do not have full information, should I be concerned?

I was so excited to have finally found something that I love and now am wondering whether this product will be a smart choice.