Software
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_21884067

...some roses for today...

7 years ago

A storm blew through here a few weeks ago and decapitated some of my roses...first flush got ruined.. in my area of England, it's wind that does immense damage, more than rain.. we don't get much of that.. roses have to be staked or pruned short.. otherwise they will be in the North Sea...

... but I have plenty left.. so here are a few for now...

..thanks for looking in, if you have the time over breakfast..?..

'Zephirine Drouhin'...


'Mme. Lauriol de Barny'...



..with 'Kew Gardens'...


'Vanessa Bell'...


'Marie Nabonnand'...


'Gloire de Ducher'..


Desdemona and Anne Boleyn..


The Herbalist...


Anne Boleyn..


penstemon Westminster Belle / Desdemona roses..


..with Munstead Wood..


Blue For You...


Comments (39)

  • 7 years ago

    Wow, so beautiful! Is this a continuation of the spring flush or is this a repeated flush? Your roses look wonderful!

  • 7 years ago

    I always thoroughly enjoy a tour through your enchanted garden. Especially like the use of ‘Westminster Belle’ and gypsophila (I assume?). They really set off the roses that you have paired them with.

  • 7 years ago

    “Enchanted garden”, well put!

  • 7 years ago

    Beautiful Marlorena!

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    I’m sorry you lost so many buds due to the wind. Despite that, your garden is incredible. Munstead Wood and Desdemona with the penstemon in the background has to be my favorite but all just look amazing. I have not heard of Lauriol de Barny - I definitely need to investigate this one. I wish I could find Gloire de Ducher here - I have been unable to.

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    ..thank you all... and for looking in at some of my roses..

    Dillybeansown... no, it's Linum [Flax] and Verbascum..

    Karen... this is the first flush... mid May is when it really begins to happen..

    ..thanks Dave... it happens...

  • 7 years ago

    Beautiful !!
    It's end of May and June is around the corner...very late Spring flush. Better late than never... saying goes..lol.

    I hope to see more pics !

    jin

  • 7 years ago

    Gorgeous! Your garden is (as always) stunning!

  • 7 years ago

    Marlorena, you are good. Your guess is so accurate as it is breakfast for us. I will raise my cup of coffee with your tea time ( soon ). Cheers !!
    jin

  • 7 years ago

    Gorgeous roses, Marlorena. That's unfortunate that you lost your first flush to wind... but these recent blooms are so beautiful.

    I need to add Gloire de Ducher to my Wish List, that is an awesome rose.

    Blue for You really is blue, I like that dark blue shade.

    Lovely photos of roses and companion flowers. Foxglove are very interesting to see, they grow so tall...

  • 7 years ago

    Beyond gorgeous! Please keep them coming. Helen

  • 7 years ago

    Anne Boleyn doesn’t even look real! Wow those colors look painted on. Thank you for sharing.

  • 7 years ago

    Beautiful pictures, Marlorena. The Herbalist is very charming. I wonder why we don't hear much about this rose.

  • 7 years ago

    Well, that is just heaven. It's hard to pick a favourite because it's the whole picture that's so pleasing. I always save your posts for the beautiful pairing of both roses and companion plants. P.S. Is that a greenhouse I spy in the background of the first picture?

  • 7 years ago

    Roses just look better in England! Or, is it just in your garden! We never see quite enough of it. I will go back to these photos again and again.

  • 7 years ago

    Lovely roses Marlorena, I particularly like your Gloria and Marie for their colors and form. I have Anne Boleyn and wouldn't be without this rose. You've blended her in beautifully with Desdemona and friends!

    Ann

  • 7 years ago

    Thank you all so much for taking a peek at my roses today..

    ..vaporvac.. yes I have a small greenhouse.. it's handy when it rains..

    ..my roses are only just starting, so I hope to have some more shortly, if I may indulge further... lots of newish ones too...

  • 7 years ago

    None of the usual accolades seem sufficient to describe your garden, Marlorena. In spite of the problem you describe everything is absolute perfection. Mme. Lauriol de Barny and Anne Boleyn are especially exquisite, and your pairings of roses and companion plants are sublime. I hope this will be only the beginning of many photo shoots. Won't be content until I've seen every nook and cranny of your magical garden.

  • 7 years ago

    Just so beautiful! What bounty, even after the wind! Thank you for the beautiful photos! :-)

  • 7 years ago

    Gobsmacking, Marlorena! I'm glad to hear there are plenty more coming.

    I didn't realise you had Zepherine Drouhin, as well. I must have missed that in previous posts. The scent from all those blooms must be mesmerising. And what a beauty is Gloire de Ducher. Well they all are. And I love the contrast Kew Gardens provides.

    Are you in Norfolk?

  • 7 years ago

    ..thank you again... this is the time of year one lives for..

    ..Trish... thanks so much... just about... I could probably put a foot in 3 counties..

    ..some warm weather on the way, so they will all be out soon...

  • 7 years ago

    So very lovely, Marlorena! Your garden is delightful. Vanessa Bell looks beautiful- such a nice yellow.

    I saw Kew Gardens this weekend in a nearby park and thought of you. I understand why you like this rose so much. I have to find space for it.

    Looking forward to seeing more pics as your other roses come into bloom!

    Jo

  • 7 years ago

    Very beautiful! I love all the different combinations.

  • 7 years ago

    Wonderfully healthy roses and companion plants, a joy to look at!

  • 7 years ago

    And that was AFTER wind? Wow! So incredible. Desdemona, Anne Boleyn and Zephy are particularly outstanding. Can’t imagine the fragrance!

  • 7 years ago

    All so beautiful. I too really enjoy seeing your roses and plants together. I also like seeing the overall shrub shots. Everything looks so healthy, colourful & bloom packed! Keep the pictures coming!!!

  • 7 years ago

    Beautiful, Marlorena: rosy fireworks! All that florality concentrated in one garden.

  • 7 years ago

    So gorgeous

  • 7 years ago

    Beautiful. I am reluctant to single any one rose out, as they are all gorgeous, but that Gloire de Ducher bloom is perfection.

  • 7 years ago

    I do love an enchanted garden.

  • 7 years ago

    Absolutely fabulous, Marlorena. Your roses are stunning.

  • 7 years ago

    I look forward to your pictures every year, Marlorena. Each one just gets better than the last. I love it! Lisa

  • 7 years ago

    Please don't ever stop posting photos of your garden, Marlorena. I live for them! Between your pictures and Kim Rupert's, I'm thinking that either I or someone very close to me, and whom I visit often, MUST grow Blue for You. What a mysterious shade of lavender! Carol

  • 7 years ago

    So gorgeous and those rose/companion plants!!! Just beautiful!

  • 7 years ago

    ..thanks so much.. you're all so kind... I hope to have better ones next week...

  • 7 years ago

    "Better ones"? Is that possible?!

  • 7 years ago

    ...Carol, you flatter me... I didn't think they were very good really... fell a bit short... must do better and all that... you're up very late?... I know what it's like... I'm not an early to bed person...

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    I take my computer to bed in order to get paperwork done since my daughter is not currently in school, and I can't even think straight during the day. I am (supposedly) up "doing paperwork," but actually I am cheating and visiting your garden. :-)