Software
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Another Day of Wide Open Blooming

7 years ago

Some later ones have begun blooming and most of the earlies continue although some are slowing down and should soon stop...but I see some instant rebloom beginning already too.


Front garden



Citrix has been blooming for weeks now and still and look close there are instant rebloom scapes beginning here (Yep that is my garden Shoe in the phot


Poly on No Boys Allowed. I really like poly blooms



FFE: Grape Twizzler Thanks you DEbra! Love this


Houzz quit accepting phhots...We will see if it will post

kay









Comments (12)

  • 7 years ago

    Citrix always does so well for you, and you gotta love those instant rebloom scapes. That's some fancy garden clog you have! I'm glad Grape Twizzler is blooming for you. Once it settles in it's really impressive in bud count and multiplying. You Little Light clump always amazes me. What a bloomer that one is. Mine isn't very well budded this year, but it does have a lot of scapes. Because of my surgery, I didn't get to fertilize many plants for this season.


    Debra

  • 7 years ago

    You've been so laudatory of Stealth bomber that I will be paying close attention to it here this summer.

  • 7 years ago

    Garden clumps look so good! I think our intense rains in early spring really helped pump up the blooms-which is good since rain has been so scarce since then. I need to look and see if I still have Little Light of Mine. It was under a tree and dwindled and I really did not miss it until you started posting your pictures!! Your garden still looks fabulous! Can you come do mine now?!!! :)

  • 7 years ago

    Ooooo, I like Bright a Eyed and Bushy Tailed, love the color and sepals. My goodness, I wish I could have sent you all some of my rain. It’s been so wet here, I have some plants with curling leaves and yellowing. If things go as usual I will probably be doing a rain dance in August.

    Sherry

  • 7 years ago

    Great group again. Wow.

  • 7 years ago

    Thank you all for looking and commenting. Debra, it took a couple years before LLOM became such a bloomer her...It and El Desperado which isn't blooming yet, are next to each other, and must have the best spots in the garden for them. The bloom on GT ws huge too, I didn't realize it was so large. I hope iStealth Bombmer does as well for you, Mantis as it has done here. Kate, I gave us and wateres the daylilies, the toses, and the garden. Thanks you, Sherry. YOU know I really like reds and white together. Thansk you, Julia.

    kay

  • 7 years ago

    Kay , I noticed you grow Get R Done . So do I . I was looking at the registration and saw it was registered by an R. Gossard. Do you have any idea who that is by any chance ? Anyone?? Most registered by Jamie Gossard just read Gossard and those registered by his wife Diana are registered D. Gossard .......but this R. Gossard is the registered hybridizer of Get R Done. I was just wondering if anyone had a clue as to who this person is .



    Asian Fairy Bluebird is gorgeous . I almost added it here but it was being sold as a single fan. I dont have much luck with single fans unless it is die hard dormant . AFB is not . Love Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed .!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the shot of the walkway beside your greenhouse is just delightful ! Thanks for sharing all your images.

  • 7 years ago

    Stealth Bomber has always done well here. In fact, it looks like it's going to have one of the best bud counts in my garden this year - at least it's showing the best branching so far.. The color is dazzling. I've just had it so long (10 years or more), that some of my excitement for it has worn off.. I've sold divisions of it and traded with it more than five times, so you know it's multiplied fast in the past 10 years. I have highly recommended it over the years, and It's the same thing with Black Falcon Ritual. I bought it the year after it was introduced. It is a wonderful plant and seems to grow well everywhere. No Boys Allowed has that gorgeous bloom, but I've always been disappointed at the bud count on that one and it's reluctance to set pods. It does clump up fast though. Maybe it will do better for you. Let me know if you ever get more than 9 buds per scape. I keep it because of the pretty face and for hybridizing efforts. Grape Twizzler, on the other hand, is one that has always gotten more than the registered bud count and is taller than the registered height here.. I've sung its praises for more than a dozen years, so I'm so glad you have it in your garden now.


    Debra

  • 7 years ago

    Beautiful Kay! I love the clump and garden shots. I hoping my Stealth Bomber finally picks up. It has done so/so the past 3 years that I've had it. Of course my favorite pic is Neon & Cat.

  • 7 years ago

    I almost stopped at that garden shot, beautiful! I had decided not to get Neon Flamingo and Catastrophe Waitress because I have similar ones, may have to rethink that if I can clear some oldies out. a wonderful clump of Little Light. Great clump photos, I just keep scrolling!

  • 7 years ago

    P.S. It does look like peak in that garden shot, which is breathtaking!

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars40 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21