Software
Houzz Logo Print
oursteelers

Pretty roses for your viewing pleasure

PlumPerfect. Why oh why isn’t this rose fragrant?!?!!



EarthAngel. I love this one! She’s too close to the house so I’m going to put a grate up and see if she likes to grow on that




Shepherdess isn’t exploding just by me looking at her anymore! And she smells wonderful!



EnchantedEvening. A black spotted piece of cr*p but oh my. She really does smell like raspberries and her blooms really are lovely. I got Violet’sPride this spring and I’m wondering how similar they are going to look




Comments (21)

  • 7 years ago

    These are so pretty! The more I see Plum Perfect, the more I'm convinced I need her lol. I didn't know she wasn't fragrant.

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    They’re beautiful oursteelers! Really love Earth Angel.

  • 7 years ago

    Thank you!

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Your roses, but especially Plum Perfect are gorgeous, Oursteelers! It really does look like it should be very fragrant...

    I think it has been a great year for roses in many places, especially those that were thirsty for rain!

  • 7 years ago

    Why Oh Why am I attracted to ones that blackspot magnets..... is that saying something about my personality..... :o) anyway, thank you for sharing the lovely pictures.....

  • 7 years ago

    The Shepherdess is a fine rose, I've been growing it for many years and really like it.

    Violet's Pride is another good rose. Mine is two years old, repeats well and a nice fragrance.

    Beautiful photos!

  • 7 years ago

    Thank you everyone for your kind comments!

    PlumPerfect is SO hard for me. I love, love how she looks but it is such a disappointment when I lean over and there’s....nothing. I’m hoping having BlueGirl, PeterMayle and FragrantPlum in the same bed will help balance this out.

    Shepherdess is much better than how she started. I don’t know what it is in my garden but the first bloom is often cr*p. Maybe cause I check them constantly and the pressure is too much!


  • 7 years ago

    Glorious roses!

    I just recieved Plum perfect and I can hardly bend over anyway so I guess lack of fragrance won't be too big a deal

  • 7 years ago

    I would be equally disappointed if there was no scent on Plum Perfect... it's just gorgeous, as are all the others...

  • 7 years ago

    Lovely blooms! That Plum Perfect is so pretty. I adore Earth Angel as well. It’s such a romantic looking rose. They’re all looking great! Lisa

  • 7 years ago

    Love them all so colorful

  • 7 years ago

    lovely, all of them. Plum perfect is so beautiful I would forgive her the lack of scent as long as she stays healthy. Earth angel is certainly a gorgeous rose that has it all, good heath, amazing scent and romantic look.

  • 7 years ago

    Just so beautiful, every single one. Earth Angel is a revelation, a rose I've just seen on the forum lately, but oh so lovely.

  • 7 years ago

    All so pretty! Plum Perfect & Earth Angel are on my wish list. Both have gorgeous blooms. If you are impatient for your first blooms, wait until they are bigger plants with tons of blooms. That's very exciting too!

  • 7 years ago

    Ha, ha! My blackspotted piece of cr*p is Abe Darby. We all have one or two, don't we? But a delicious fragrance and gorgeous blooms can atone for much. I love the plum shades in your collection! I saw Violet's Pride at the nursery last year and tried really hard to convince myself that purchasing it was necessary to my health and wellbeing. The fragrance is sweet and the color is wonderful! And who doesn't love Downton Abbey and Maggie Smith? Carol

  • 7 years ago

    I just planted Plum Perfect at the end of July and it has already given at least 10 buds and flowers. It'll be interesting to see what it does next summer! My blackspot magnet was Angel Face and it is now gone for good, good riddance!

  • 7 years ago

    My plum perfect is finally pulling out of its funk

    I even got a bloom.

    I also have Earth Angel and even though it is doing really well, it doesn't ring my .bell.

    Thank you for sharing your beautiful roses



  • 7 years ago

    Kristine what is it your not crazy about Earth Angel? I have been looking at that rose time and again and I can't put my finger on it.

  • 7 years ago

    Lovely roses!!

  • 7 years ago

    Beautiful!