Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annievibes

Need help designing front yard garden

annievibes
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hey all,

I live in zone 7A (PA) and I am just starting to design my front yard garden for the first time.

After some great suggestions from users on this site, I def would like to include evergreens in this area. Now that I have an updated picture, how should I go about as far as designing?

Initially, I thought of planting hydrangeas here but my husband and I are considering planting annuals depending on season for spring then maybe replant and add mums in fall? This area gets full sun in the morning and then some more in the afternoon so I'd say a total of about 6 hours.

We cleaned it up and did a straight edge but now I am thinking of making it a little wider and maybe adding some curves to the edge, more soil, black mulch and stones?

Considering the space, would two or three evergreens/three annuals be ok? Plant placement ideas? Don't want it to be too crowded because I do want to add solar lights..

ok enough with the questions :-) what do you all think? thank you in advance!

I'm working on the yellow area for now, this is an old photo of what it use to look like, the red marks are what I removed.

Updated:

About 15ft long, 2.5"wide

Comments (7)