We've grown 'Bishop Darlington' here for a number of years, and in our climate, it blooms repeatedly almost year 'round. As a bonus, the large foliage is disease-free here, where mildew can trouble some roses.
You wouldn't want any plant this large to have disease problems! We put it in the wrong spot, and there's no keeping it small. It's about 10-ft. wide by about 12-ft. tall. If you add it to your garden, give it some space!
The rose's namesake, James Henry Darlington, was an Episcopal Bishop, a poet, and -- along with his wife -- a supporter of women's rights.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Henry_Darlington
One of the things I love about 'Bishop Darlington's blooms is the lovely petaloids at the center.
Oh, and I know our big plant is virused. I've seen very minor signs . . . but if it can grow to 10 x 12 while virused, I'm not going to worry about it.
ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
Krista_5NY
Related Professionals
Oklahoma City Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Traverse City Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Pueblo Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Las Vegas Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Saint Joseph Landscape Contractors · Sedalia Landscape Contractors · Spring Landscape Contractors · Trenton Landscape Contractors · New York City Landscape Contractors · Carbondale Home Builders · McAllen Home Builders · South Bend Home Builders · Watertown Home Builders · Oshkosh Home Builders · Tucson Home Builderssteelrosez9sfbay