Software
Houzz Logo Print
wakeupsandy28

Hallway

13 years ago
What should I do with the hallway? Should I add picture frames or will that make he hallway smaller? Or a plant stand by the corner? All suggestions welcomed =)

Comments (20)

  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Hi WakeupSandy, your hallway is just fine the way it is. Enjoy the space! :)
    Is that a kitty cat on the rug?
    Larkin Street Residence - John Maniscalco Architecture · More Info
  • 13 years ago
    Hi Ed

    It's a dog. Hahaha
  • 13 years ago
    This is a Great Wall to do a family picture gallery
  • 13 years ago
    It seems a bit narrow from the pic ... might bump into pics, etc. Are you open to wallpaper?
  • 13 years ago
    Where do the doors in this area go? Closets? Bedroom? Front door?
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Turn the rug and add a fun decal to the right of the door.
    Chevron Arrows Wall Decal by Wallums Wall Decals · More Info
  • 13 years ago
    HI -- It's just a regular size hall way so I think you just need a nice hall runner carpet and some family photos on the wall . You could also do a drama wall color and or wallpaper for interest. The puppy will love it !
  • 13 years ago
    Hi WakeupSandy, nice doggie! :)
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Hi there, you have a great foundation with the nice hardwood floors and the doggy does add charm to the space! I think your idea to add family pictures is great, it will definitely make your space feel more like home. Instead of doing those ugly picture frames, why not doing a series of pictures printed on canvas (maybe 2 or 3)?
    We do work with custom canvases and would be delighted to assist you if you decided to go that route!

    http://www.dezignwithaz.com/make-your-digital-canvas-c-381_671_115.html
  • 13 years ago
    The doors lead to the bedroom and one I the bathroom. I also agree that if I put up picture frames we might end up bumping into them bc the space is narrow. Thanks Houzz
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    OK......was wondering if the location in your home would make a difference with what you put up there. It is an awfully big area to be blank, in my opinion, though. Something up there would add some charm. How do you feel about some stencils or wall art of that sort?
  • 13 years ago
    HI -- I have a hallway just like yours and I have pictures on the wall ,even one with an old fashioned bubble glass and frame and no one has ever run into them - not even the 6 year old grandson.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    It's a great art wall, but if your afraid of bumping into it, paper is the way to go. Don't go too busy or dark, it will make the space appear tighter.
  • 13 years ago
    Your hallway is tall and narrow. I think you should apply panels on the walls.
  • 13 years ago
    I like the panel idea
  • 13 years ago
    I love the wall paper idea too. So excited to finally have some ideas. Thanks Houzz!
  • 13 years ago
    I think wallpaper or a family photo wall
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Mine is very similar to yours and I have this plus one more colorful painting (not shown) on the left side .
  • 13 years ago
    One giant photo or a series of 3 tall and skinny paintings that are pretty much flush with the wall that are dramatic. a nice rug runner and to top it off how about specific lighting highlight the art.

    Another thought could be add some nice crown moulding at the top and bring the trim down visually by adding a smaller piece about 8" from the bottom of the crown and then paint all the trim and the wall piece all the same gloss trim color to give it that big substantial trim look and paint the ceiling a few shades darker than the walls.