sbm321

Kitchen color scheme...thoughts?

Sueb20

So, our kitchen Reno starts in early Sept. So far the color scheme is simple: cabinets will be SW Filmy Green, which is almost an exact match for these plates. Counters will be soapstone. Walls, I think, some variety of creamy off white. Floors, hardwood. Appliances, stainless. I’m doing lighting and cabinet knobs in a matte or antique brass.

In the dining room next door, this is the color scheme. The teal-ish blue appears again in the living room and we have shades of red/rust around too.

I‘m thinking the kitchen will be primarily the pale green and black/charcoal (counter) and white. I’ve got green dishes, white dishes, and might add in some black and white dishes/bowls. I was thinking about a teal/dark turquoise accent color, but then I started thinking pink. I don’t know why, I keep going back to pink. But the rest of the first floor has a lot more dark/jewel tones (though most walks are light). Maybe Filmy Green and pale pink is too wimpy. Maybe a coral instead of pink? Or do we like a turquoise better? Finally, I also have an old tin with the pale green, black, and yellow, and that combo could also be cool.

Wanna vote? Or make other suggestions? The “accent” color will pretty much just be in dish towels and some dishes so nothing huge. I am considering wallpapering the adjacent mud room, so I could pull the accent color in there too.