kitchen layout plans

b r
last modified: August 13, 2019
  • hi guys, we are pretty much done with our layout and want to know if anyone feels there should be any tweaks to perfect this in any way.
  • we have worked hours perfecting this deisign to make this the most functional possible.
  • pls note the 9 inch pull out drawer near the big pantry will be a full height pantry we are switching that. and using it for baking tall trays, cutting bards,
  • any other input suggestions, or drawer inserts ideas are all welcome.
  • currently we are putting in some cutlery dividers, and one lazy suzzane and one super suzan .
  • the 6 inch narrow filler by the wall is a pull out broom closet
  • and the 3 inch filler after the pantry is there to allow clearance for my horizontal cabinet pulls.
  • what size handles can i do so its uniform. smallest size cab is the 6 inch broom and 9 inch full hieghts, after that the drawers are ranging from 18-36 and i want one unifrom height. was thinking of doing 6 3/4 for all and for the 6 inch and 9 inch cab to do 4 inch.

all input is welcome thanks guys!!

our goal is to have a fully functioning practical kitchen for all ages and stages.

• b r

hi, so the middle of the room has an island which is 48 x 60 but we are fully content with it. so we are not looking to revise that. even current design we love but would love a fresh set of eyes.

appliances. are a chimney, microwave convetion over the range, and slide in ranges (multiple chefs) built ins were out of budget. . and a full size fridge and freezer is on the remaining wall. as seen

• b r

where woud i find that on the plans. ?

• b r

hi so we have no fireplace, and i have no clue what flanking means.. putting elevation aside. is there anything wrong or right about my kitchen design ? cabint size placemnt?

• Momofthree Ma

This is an example of one of my kitchen plan elevations...it will help people help you to see the elevations, not just the overhead plans.

• b r

ohh you mean 3d render

• b r

is that better??

• Momofthree Ma

Do you have two sinks, two dishwashers and two ranges? Just trying to figure out if I am looking at two options or one kitchen?

• b r

2 of each , kosher multiple chef kitchen

• b r

we wanted the modern, contemporty look with most imp funtion, as u see we did 21 single doors versus standard doubles..

• Momofthree Ma

Ok, that’s what I figured when I saw the configuration...let me stew on this and I will respond in the morning :)

• b r

u do that!

honest i think we nailed it but i always welcome other opinions!

• b r

Anyone ?

• Momofthree Ma

I think it looks really great. My only question is the 2 24 inch sinks...it looks like the one under the window could be bigger, are you ok with smaller sinks? I would think if you cook for a crowd regularly you may want a bigger sink?

b r thanked Momofthree Ma
  • mama goose_gw zn6OH

I would put the second DW to the left of the sink (as you face it), out of your prep area between the sink and range. That way, if someone needs to unload the DW, or open it while you are prepping on that side of the kitchen, there is no conflict.

b r thanked mama goose_gw zn6OH
  • b r

let me me see one second.

• b r

so thats a great idea abou tthe sink, but we are having dishwashers so dont feel the neeed to enlarge the sink basin. so thats out. also its a lot more to buy a bigger sink. regarding the dishwasher switch the 36 is being for all disp products for kids. to go over to and take all their spoons forks naplins plates.. we wanted easy acces.. if i move that. they will constantly be underfoot in prep zone getting their plastics.>..

• b r

if ur talking about the window side dishwewsher. i dont want 2 stainless steel appliances right near each other. but your point is valid. one

• damiarain

You could do a panel ready DW so it has a cabinet face on it to avoid the double SS look.

• b r

Omg that would have been brilliant!! But we just ordered our applaonces 2 weeks ago!!