Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sara_ann_gw

Another Poseidon arrangement

sara_ann-z6bok
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I really was’t going to do this, love the way this turned out though, but honestly, it’s really not this blue!

Comments (17)

• bayarea_girl_z10a_ca
    4 years ago

Gorgeous! One of the roses in my perfect rose category :) Helen

sara_ann-z6bok thanked bayarea_girl_z10a_ca
  • Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    4 years ago

That is an amazing bouquet!!! Can you imagine if it had super strong fragrance too ? It’s obviously very happy in your garden Sara Ann

sara_ann-z6bok thanked Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
  • the_bustopher z6 MO
    4 years ago

That is a nice bouquet. Do you have just one plant, or do you have several to get that many flowers at one time?

sara_ann-z6bok thanked the_bustopher z6 MO
  • flowersaremusic z5 Eastern WA
    4 years ago

Maybe not this blue, but still one of the most lavender of the lavenders. I like the muted quality of the color. Beautiful, Sara Ann.

sara_ann-z6bok thanked flowersaremusic z5 Eastern WA
  • nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    4 years ago

I love it, Sara Ann. Fabulous color. I've got to try this with Love Song--I'm so lazy. I love all your bouquets. Diane

sara_ann-z6bok thanked nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
  • sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you all! Pippacovalent, it certainly has been a good rose here, I love it! Helen, it is pretty close to perfect, I agree! Yes, Lilyfinch, if it were more fragrant that would be great and would make it just about perfect! Although, I think for some it is more fragrant. Bustopher, I have two plants, but these all came from one. My younger one, which is in its second season is doing great and is also blooming, but didn’t have very many of these gorgeous ones on it right now. Flowers, when it’s at its best, I really love the color, and it’s quite lovely right now. Lavender Is a good color to photograph, and Poseidon in particular, although IMHO, nothing can match Diane’s Love Song! Diane, I’m a huge fan of your Love Song! A bouquet of your Love Song blooms would be truly lovely!

• Stephanie, 9b inland SoCal
    4 years ago

Sara, OMG that is fabulous! Thank you for sharing. I and looking forward to the day when I can have such a large bouquet. All my roses are babies.

sara_ann-z6bok thanked Stephanie, 9b inland SoCal
  • nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    4 years ago

Thank you, Sara Ann, but your Poseidon is just as lovely. I'm giving serious thought to growing it if I can just fit Poseidon in somewhere. Diane

• Michele
    4 years ago

Wow!!!! Just WOW! I can’t think of words. ;-)

sara_ann-z6bok thanked Michele
  • sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Thank you Stephanie, I’m sure you’ll have some beauties, I look forward to seeing them! Thanks again Diane. Poseidon is about 6 ft. X 6 ft. here, that’s huge for my roses. I know you have some big ones, I would think it would get really huge with gorgeous blooms in your climate! Thank you Michele!

• flowersaremusic z5 Eastern WA
    4 years ago

Mercy! 6'x6' in zone 6! That's so very encouraging to hear.

• totoro z7b Md
    4 years ago

You enabled me! I got one from RU this year.

sara_ann-z6bok thanked totoro z7b Md
  • sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Totoro, I think you’ll like it, I certainly hope so. I have several roses, that if they came even a little close to having its health and vigor I’d be very pleased!

• HalloBlondie (zone5a) Ontario, Canada
    4 years ago

Beautiful bouquet!

sara_ann-z6bok thanked HalloBlondie (zone5a) Ontario, Canada
  • lkayetwvz5
    4 years ago

6 x 6 feet that is? Mine is barely 12" tall! I ordered it for 2019 grafted on multiflora as I hoped it would do better here but apparently not. I'll give it another year. I forgot you always had this rose in all your floral bouquets and it is always gorgeous!

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Ikayetwvz - Don’t give up on it yet! The first year I had mine, it set on about a dozen buds that shriveled up, I thought I’d made a mistake! At the end of that season it gave me one bloom, the next year it took off big time. Mine is also on multiflora.