Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bayarea_girl

Candice, a beautiful striped rose

Candice (Delcand/Delludice) rose, bred by Delbard before 2008. Excellent garden rose, very healthy, beautiful striped blooms and great repeat in my garden. Helen

Comments (32)

• Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
    4 years ago

Best so far! This look absolutely edible!

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
  • nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    4 years ago

Yikes, I'm about to die of beauty overload. What a splendid rose, Helen. I love the proliferation--just the right amount. How big are the blooms? They look enormous in the photos. I read that Candice can't be gotten since Ludwig's closed. Is that true? Diane

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
  • Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
    4 years ago

What a fabulously beautiful rose

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
  • bayarea_girl_z10a_ca
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Vaporvac, I currently don't spray so it's literally edible :)

Diane, the blooms are medium size about 3 - 3.5". You're right, at the moment there's no source for Candice in the US. I hope Ludgwig's Roses will open another branch in the US again. Helen

• Ann9BNCalif
    4 years ago

Beautiful Helen! Does your rose get vegetative centers? It looks like the first photo has one?

Ann

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked Ann9BNCalif
  • sara_ann-z6bok
    4 years ago

Gorgeous!

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked sara_ann-z6bok
  • bayarea_girl_z10a_ca
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Ann, yes it sometimes has vegetative centers. Helen

• Stephanie, 9b inland SoCal
    4 years ago

Candice is such a romantic beauty. Is she fragrant?

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked Stephanie, 9b inland SoCal
  • bayarea_girl_z10a_ca
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Stephanie, she is moderate fragrance. Helen

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Lovely!! I love roses with vegetative centers. Raspberry Cream Twirl is another stripey that sometimes has vegetative centers.

Too bad Candice is unavailable. Is Wonderstripe also unavailable is the US?

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
  • bayarea_girl_z10a_ca
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Sultry, I got Wonderstripe from HeirloomRoses. Its blooms are smaller than Candice's, but they are as beautiful and the plant is very healthy and blooms all the time. They have it out of stock right now but if you put your email in the "Subscribe to back in stock notification", they will let you know when it's in stock. Helen

• erasmus_gw
    4 years ago

Helen, I wonder if you would consider sending cuttings of Candice to some US nurseries, especially ones that have a license to sell Delbards.

Wonderstripe is sometimes available from Heirloom. I don't think it has any fragrance. It is a good grower and bloomer though.

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked erasmus_gw
  • bayarea_girl_z10a_ca
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Erasmus, sure if they have the propagation license to do it. Helen

• MasLovesRoses_z8a GA
    4 years ago

Wow! Just gorgeous!!

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked MasLovesRoses_z8a GA
  • sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    4 years ago

Thanks guys :) I will try to get Wonderstripe. I dont love a lot of stripey roses but there are a few that I really like.

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
  • BenT (NorCal 9B Sunset 14)
    4 years ago

Those pictures are amazing, Candice is one of the most beautiful roses I don’t have.

I think La Park and the new 2020 introduction Marc Chagall are stripes in a similar color range to Candice and Wonderstripe. La Park doesn’t have Candice’s extraordinary form, but it can be extremely fragrant.

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked BenT (NorCal 9B Sunset 14)
  • totoro z7b Md
    4 years ago

wow Helen!

Marc Chagall looks like the best Candice / Wonderstripe surrogate. Let’s hope for similar vigor and strong fragrance as well!

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked totoro z7b Md
  • HalloBlondie (zone5a) Ontario, Canada
    4 years ago

I love this rose. Everytime I see photos of this rose I am wowed by it. Your pictures are lovely!

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked HalloBlondie (zone5a) Ontario, Canada
  • Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
    4 years ago

Helen, thank you posting pics up on HMF. I recognized them but I still went on photos and yup it was all yours...lol
    They look so beautiful. Thank you again for doing that and it was a great feeling to see pics there :)

jin

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
  • bayarea_girl_z10a_ca
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks everyone. Helen

• Sylvia Wendel
    4 years ago

Ben T and Totoro, where can I get Marc Chagall? HMF doesn’t show any retailers in the US. Thanks.

Helen, Candice is almost too beautiful. i could look at that rose all day and forget everything I have to do ... just dreamy.

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked Sylvia Wendel
  • bayarea_girl_z10a_ca
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Sylvia, I agree with you:) You can get Marc Chagall at Regan nursery when they open their website for bare root order some time this month https://www.regannursery.com/rose/Rosa-Floribunda-Painters-Collection-Marc-Chagall-New-2020 . Helen

• MiaNgzone9aTX
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Hi Helen , where did you order Candice from ? those pictures that you took are so lovely .

• bayarea_girl_z10a_ca
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Mia, I got Candice from LudwigsRoses when they opened a branch in Arizona for a short time. Helen

• MiaNgzone9aTX
    2 years ago

thanks for replying to me Helen . Im trying to look for Candice but to no available 😢. You’re so lucky Helen .I love all your rose in your instagram🥰

• bayarea_girl_z10a_ca
    Original Author
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Mia, thank you for the kind words. For roses that have the look of Candice, you can check out Marc Chagall (offered by many nurseries) and Wonderstripe (offered by HeirloomRoses.) Helen

• berrypiez6b
    2 years ago

Mia , last year, or maybe it was two years ago i ask Mr Schneider at Freedom Gardens ,

he had Candace back then. I decided not to order because I was downscaling my garden. You could try contacting him, I hope you have some success.

• MiaNgzone9aTX
    2 years ago

Thank you berrypie , i will contact him today to see if he still have Candice 😉

Helen : i’m also about to order Marc chagall as well . i will look into Wonderstripe. thanks for the recommendation Helen ☺️

• Melody Chu
    2 years ago

Hi, i am looking for candice rose too!!! I’m wondering if you find out if itis available at Freedom Garden? Thanks a lot.

• Artist-FKA-Novice Zone 7B GA
    2 years ago

Very unique, lovely!

• Crazyabout Roses
    2 years ago

@MiaNgzone9aTX did freedom gardens have candice ?

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio