Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Stenciled Infusion Pics for Maryl

shive
4 years ago

Here are some looks at Stenciled Infusion from this season. How did it do for you northerners who acquired it this year?

Debra

Comments (22)

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    4 years ago

This is soo not me. Off white with a pattern. But I fell in love with your pictures. I have to wait until winter is past to see if there is room. As of right now, even after I just gifted a chunk away, I can't justify it. BUT, that's why my lists exist................Thank you Debra. This is the one I was thinking about.......Maryl

• samhain10 - 5a
    4 years ago

That's certainly a gorgeous pattern; have admired it before.

Alex

• samhain10 - 5a
    4 years ago

Good to know, Mantis. It's one that I had checked on seed crosses of on Lily Auction. If I decide to bid at some point, I will make sure to check stats on its partner closely.

Alex

• shive
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Mantis - There was not the lateral branchng on it this year that I got last. But that was due to our May "drought." Bud counts ranged from 7-12 this year. Last year multiple scapes had 18 buds.

Debra

• Nancy 6b
    4 years ago

Beautiful!

• mantis__oh
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

I'm very sorry I purchased this one and will be more cautious about recommendations from people who live in a very different climate.

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    4 years ago

Magnificent! I may not be able to grow it, but I sure do like looking at photos of it. I'm glad it does well for you.

Nancy

• signet_gw(6b)
    4 years ago

sometimes it is worth not getting 20 or 30 buds on a branch in order to see something as beautiful as this in your gardens. I would try it even if it only lasted for the one season. Seeing it in person I am betting is even more breathtaking than seeing it in an image.

• shive
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you Hoosier Nancy and Heather! Although it didn't have as many buds this year, Stenciled Infusion had glorious groups of blooms for several weeks. And I'm super happy with it because it set lots of pods this year.

Debra

• samhain10 - 5a
    4 years ago

Debra - as a result of your pics and promptings from Heather, I just got this seed cross off of the LA: Stenciled Infusion x Buddys Spook - woohoo! That's gonna be a beauty!

Alex

• shive
    Original Author
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Alex - That cross has the potential for killer patterns! I've crossed Stenciled Infusion with my patterned seedling, Cobalt Rings, No Mans Land, Core Values, Entwined in the Vine, This Longing and Blue Jay Tapestry. So many seeds and so little space for seedlings. I know I'll plant the cross with my seedling. I plant a couple of the other crosses. I just have to decide which two.

Debra

• samhain10 - 5a
    4 years ago

Debra - it was an indulgence, buying more seeds off the auction, given that I have so many already, but it's part of the process, isn't it? I hope to see your seedling crosses with the patterned blooms. :)

Alex

• signet_gw(6b)
    4 years ago

What ? I prompted you ? All I said was I would do just about anything to get Buddy's Spook ! LoL . The rest is on you Alex ......ha ha ha ha ha !

• samhain10 - 5a
    4 years ago

Heather - I went to look at the photos - because of you! So, i consider that partly your doing - lol.

Alex

• signet_gw(6b)
    4 years ago

Ooops ! I guess that is what is called enabling. Hi Everyone my name is Heather and I am an enabler. LOL ! Well, truth be told , I for one am glad you got those . I hope you get some deadly patterning on those babies!

• samhain10 - 5a
    4 years ago

I'll let you know in a couple of years. ;)

Alex

• signet_gw(6b)
    4 years ago

Don't you wish we lived in Florida about now ? Sometimes I sure do.

• shive
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I messaged Laura to ask her how Stenciled Infusion did for her. She said she loved the blooms and it had 8-9 buds in its first year there.

Debra

• samhain10 - 5a
    4 years ago

Good to know; we are approximately same garden zones, I think

Alex

• signet_gw(6b)
    4 years ago

that kind of info should be included in the data bases at both NGA and AHS and any other data bases out there . That would sure help people to know how it might perform in their gardens.

• samhain10 - 5a
    4 years ago

True, Heather - but I always like to hear first hand info - it means more to me. :)

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996