bayarea_girl

Pompon Veranda and Charles Rennie Mackintosh

bayarea_girl
October 8, 2019

Pompon Veranda (KO 99/1720-02/KORfloci05/Pashmina/Pompon Flower Circus), a floribunda rose, bred by Kordes (Germany, 1999) and introduced in 2010 (Germany). This rose is so beautiful that it keeps you come back and look at it again and again. Helen

Comments (11)

• bayarea_girl

Charles Rennie Mackintosh (AUSren), a shrub rose, bred by David C. H. Austin (UK, 1988). The 3-inch double, cupped, old-fashion bloom have mild fragrance. This is a blooming fool. The plant is still small in my garden, and it blooms its head off. It’s a favorite of many rose gardeners. Helen

• dianela7bnorthal

Wow so beautiful both of them. Any word on the habit of Pompon veranda. Would it look good in a pot? I feel like people have had mixed results with this one but I just love it so I ordered it from palatine and don’t know what I should do with it.

bayarea_girl thanked dianela7bnorthal
  • bayarea_girl

Dianela, I have 2 in pots, and they look fine. Most of the roses I order nowadays will go in pots because I have no room left on the ground. Common problem for all of us :) Helen

• mas_loves_roses1

Hi Helen, gorgeous blooms on both roses. How big are Pompon Veranda’s blooms? Thank you!

bayarea_girl thanked mas_loves_roses1
  • bayarea_girl

mas_loves_rose1, PV's blooms are small about 2.5" - 3". Mine is in a pot and first year. Helen

• dianela7bnorthal

I wonder if anyone has a mature specimen of pompon veranda rose. I found an older thread when Chris said it was taken off the market because the blooms wouldn’t open in many areas of the USA. I would love to see what the plants looks like after a few years. earth angel was supposed to be 3 feet tall and in my garden it grew 5 feet on the first year from a band. Problematic at the front of the border.

• Stephanie, 9b inland SoCal

Pompon Veranda reminds me of Clotilde Soupert. Although CS flowers are smaller, less than 2”. CS is also reported to ball in wet weather, it must be due to all those beautiful packed petals that are also thin. Someone here mentioned placing a favorite rose that balled under the eves of their house and that cured it. Does Pompon Veranda bloom a lot for you?

bayarea_girl thanked Stephanie, 9b inland SoCal
  • bayarea_girl

Stephanie, PV has average repeat. Helen

• Kristine LeGault 8a pnw

My Charles Rennie Mackintosh is finally coming on. Finally got him into his forever home and hes blooming better and the blooms are getting larger. The leaves are still a little pale but I think next Spring with the addition of some good mulch he shall be much better.

Dianela, my Earth Angel is also about 6ft

bayarea_girl thanked Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
  • dianela7bnorthal

Kristine I am afraid all my Kordes are getting huge even if they are supposed to be 3 feet tall. I don’t really mind it but I like to know what they can do to place them appropriately, I hate having to move them with my terrible hard soil. Maybe someone else will come thru and reply to the new post I created but I am not very optimistic.

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268