bayarea_girl

Tranquillity, a David Austin white rose

bayarea_girl
October 9, 2019
last modified: October 9, 2019

Tranquillity (Ausnoble), an English shrub rose, bred by David C. H. Austin (UK, before 2012) and released in UK (2012). When I tried to select between several gorgeous David Austin white roses, I picked this rose because of its beautiful name. When I sit on a bench in my garden at the end of a work day, I'd like to have a feeling of tranquillity. There's an interesting note about the spelling of this rose's name. I wonder if David Austin was smilling when he picked out the name for this rose and wanted to test our understanding of the American and English spellings.

"Tranquillity" with two "L" is an English spelling and the name of this David Austin white rose. The 3.5-inch blooms start out light yellow and age to white with mild apple fragrance.

"Tranquility" with one "L" is a US spelling and the name of a US white rose (CLEmulti) bred by John Clements (US, 2004) and released in the same year. The 4-inch blooms have light pink shading to near white with strong citrus, damask, myrrh fragrance. Helen