Software
Houzz Logo Print
fbwerks

Kitchen remodel

What do I put behind my stove? rusted corrugated metal? if so how far up should I go?


Comments (18)

  • 6 years ago

    When you clean it, flakes of rust could be released into the air and onto the stove and adjoining countertops.

  • 6 years ago

    Pretty funny Jan - but so true!

  • PRO
    6 years ago

    I am not sure about that so lets wait to see if we get pictures.

  • 6 years ago

    Go for it, Frankie!


  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    OMG Mama goose :)

  • 6 years ago

    And Mama Goose proves Jan's point.

  • 6 years ago

    Now, now. Just because it is not a pristine looking bright shiny grey and white kitchen doesn't mean someone can't think it's the cat's pjs. The OP's idea books are mostly rustic cabin. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes; no need to shame them because it's not something you like.

    Frankie Stollenwerk thanked Tara
  • 6 years ago

    Use tile. You can pick a color that mimics the colors found in the rusted metal that you like, perhaps even in an uneven tile that looks more rustic.

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago


    18"x24" Fasade Traditional 1 Backsplash Panel, Copper Fantasy · More Info


    18"x24" Fasade Ripple Backsplash Panel, Argent Bronze · More Info



    Fasade Rib Backsplash Sample, Oil-Rubbed Bronze · More Info



    Fasade Rib Backsplash Sample, Argent Silver · More Info


  • 6 years ago

    I am totally neutral on the appearance. I would never do a rusted corrugated backspash because of the cleaning aspect. A backsplash exists, well, for when things splash back onto it. I.e., it needs to be wipeable. To @remodeling1840's point, what about rust bits flaking off? @tqtqtbw - how is one to clean those tiny ribs?

  • 6 years ago

    There is a product you use on the rusted corrugated metal that makes it look and feel so very soft and also makes it easy to clean

  • 6 years ago

    Wow you guys are brutal!!!! There is no flaking off of rust and dirt . The metal is treated ,..Not a prank sorry the photos haven't come up... You might not be so mean but then again you may still think it sucks. But when your in the kitchen it looks amazing she just docent know what to do behind the stove. I was asking for advice can any off you offer a suggestion.?


  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    It’s called paint. Rust is not a positive attribute. It means the product is breaking down. Like using rotten wood for your cabinets. Or third hand hobo clothes for you big presentation at work.

  • 6 years ago

    Frankie - do you have an example of the metal and the product that you will use to make it buttery soft?.........And your kitchen?

  • PRO
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    There are clear coats that you can use to preserve the look of rusted metal I am not sure about behind the stove but I have used rused Corten metal with a clear coat around a fireplace. Buttery soft was not the result but cleanable was BTW livewire Corten steel is made to rust and lasts for eons

  • 6 years ago

    I know we have a corten outdoor kitchen. That would be beautiful but expensive..But what a great idea thanks so much

  • 6 years ago

    I posted pictures of my friends kitchen that I'm talking about but I can't seem to get them to upload?

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Frankie - when you post photos, wait for the photos to be no longer grayed out. Don’t hit Submit until that happens.

Sponsored
AIS Renovations
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County, Ohio