poncirusguy6b452xx

November pictures please

poncirusguy6b452xx
last modified: November 3, 2019

New Zealand lemonade on US897

Has 1 lemon

and resides in an 8 gallon pot.

And has lots of new growth.

Steve

• Julian H

Very nice New Zealand Lemonade Steve good luck this coming winter.

poncirusguy6b452xx thanked Julian H
  • Jodi

I see you have an old fashion Singer treadle sowing machine.

poncirusguy6b452xx thanked Jodi

"Elements of Abstraction" Sculpture Show November 12th in Norwalk CT

Setting up a our Largest Sculpture Show to-date with 5 Sculptors! I've included a "in progress / before" shot of the gallery space. Please come visit us Opening Night! IGI Fine Art & Leclerc Contemporary Gallery are pleased to announce their newest show "Elements of Abstraction" Opening Reception November 12th 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM 19 Willard Rd., Norwalk, CT 06851 Click the link for all the details. http://us3.campaign-archive2.com/?u=c914a24650fe2d37749a8c330&id=4e963d5d37 Or email us at info@igifa.com for more information.

Pictures of the INSIDE of your copper sink please!

Sam, the way my son lets OJ and acidic foods sit in there? lol. no. it doesn't quite look like that pic everyday. I'm the only one who takes care of it, and lately it's just not that important. It looks similar to the pic, but a tad darker in spots. some spots get a green patina, but they are easily scrubbed clean. I love my sink. It's 14 gauge, hand made in Mexico. (do not get the ones from China), came from CopperSinksOnline. it was on sale and I got a great deal on it. Use the protective wax religiously and always rinse down any acidic foods that may sit there. Use a scrubby pad w/cleanser to take off any tarnish. If I do that, it looks exactly like the picture I posted. It stands up to everything and doesn't scratch, ding, chip, mar or anything else. you just have to scrub it and use the wax! Or not. even if you don't, it still doesn't look that bad.

Help me find this picture please?

positive. no way that's Calacatta. trust me. and Fantasy Brown is a type of marble here, look at the houzz pics https://www.houzz.com/photos/fantasy-brown-bathroom-ideas-phbr0lbl-bl~l_165830 enlarge her picture and look at the gray/blues along the backsplash. it's fantasy brown. some slabs have more brown, some have the blue gray.

Laundry Setups, Please Post Pictures and Share Details.

Sea Sea, I was a little skeptical about getting that outdoor water gadget but I think someone on the Automatic Washer forum had one, so I thought what the heck. It seems to be working ok. I have 3 hots and 3 colds coming off the main. the plumber wasn't alarmed. I keep the main valve off when not in use just in case the system fails. So far George is the only one that has shown his setup! Thanks George, now how about you others? What do you like about your setups? how do you store things? do you have fun deco in the area?
  • evdesert

I’ll post some November pics Steve. Although, I can’t figure out why Houzz rotates some of them sideways and upside down in some cases. Nonetheless here are some update photos.

Pixie mandarin

Minneola tangelo, it’s holding 6 fruit this year.

Upside down Meyer lemon, holding about 150+\- fruit

Tango mandarin #2

Key lime #2

Another upside down citrus, this is the Cara Cara holding about a dozen fruit.

Tango mandarin #1, every branch is loaded with large heavy fruit.

Key lime #1

Moro blood orange almost 2 years in ground now and it’s 8’ tall and holding about a dozen fruits

Rio red grapefruit holding fruits from last year and this year

poncirusguy6b452xx thanked evdesert
  • evdesert

Variegated pink eureka that’s pushing growth and blooming at the moment.

Eureka lemon weighed down from all the fruit it’s holding.

I know it’s not citrus but, Wonderful pomegranate

More wonderful poms almost ready.

Evan

poncirusguy6b452xx thanked evdesert
  • jeanwedding

yall just like to make us that live like Ky jealous. I wish yall would put your growing zone with your name. its been like 25 degrees overnite last few nights

It took out my poor loaded BROWN turkey fig tree leaves. I was too tired to cover it those nights, plus kinda if tall and round.

prob due to the vast amt of spring rains it was extra late even coming back

thank you Jesus

I noticed say 6 in the ctr of tree that were ripe enough to pick yum yum

poncirusguy6b452xx thanked jeanwedding
  • evdesert

Jeanwedding I’m in zone 9B, my user name used to have that attached along with my location which is Indio, CA. I was not trying to make anyone jealous, merely trying to be part of the forum, Steve had posted for November updates and did not specify that it had to be container or out of zone growing only. If I offended you or anyone else I sincerely apologize I was not trying to upset anyone.

Evan

poncirusguy6b452xx thanked evdesert
  • poncirusguy6b452xx

Evan Thanks for your pictures. This posting is for old or new forum members that are growing citrus or other subtropical in ground or in pots regardless of zone.

Steve

• Bob

Gardenweb citrus forum is for everyone interested in citrus, some throw in flowers, some, like me throw in different kind of fruits, some express dislike what I write some think I am not intelligent enough. I envy that you live in a nice state that you can grow better stuff than I do, but I am going to stay where I reside, my place offer me a whole lot of other things than a bunch of citrus tree’s. NO problem with me, you go guy, I like good looking tree’s, maybe I can copy them you are showing.

poncirusguy6b452xx thanked Bob
  • jeanwedding

Im not offended... thats silly ...just a bit envious of yall long growing season. keep up the good photos and work. we all here to help each others Just drooling over yall success. Love all y'all.. were all brothers and sisters in gardening. We gardeners share our abundance and knowledge. pass it on

I just like giving to those who truly want my stuff and are appreciative. without going overboard.

I hate waste. sp good food.. I recently brought up a can of my. GB canned back in 2016. the middle wasnt down" I opened it anyway, stored in frig. its breaks my hrt to know I should throw into the woods...

Blessings to all

poncirusguy6b452xx thanked jeanwedding
  • jeanwedding

Bob i dont know why some think you're not intelligent enough, we can all have a say. Course some people have more experience and knowledge we all can learn from each other. take care. Oh that what these forums I believe are designed for in my humble opinions, LOL

poncirusguy6b452xx thanked jeanwedding
  • Bob

Good to hear your honest opinion, humble at that, that,s my approach to, you just tell us how and what you and me are doing, that should be good enough.

poncirusguy6b452xx thanked Bob
  • Bob

Evan, the reason you having problems with Houzz picture positioning is because the way you hold your camera, taking pictures holding your camera vertical instead horizontal, because your trees are tall. If you take pictures, standing back a bit more you be ok.

Houzz think you screw up taking pictures, so they correct it for you.

The reason I put text on my pictures is because so I know the pictures has been “treated for web purposes “. The old fashion way, remember!! Now it is “ The Houzz” way. 2020!q

I think Houzz fix the problem, I didn’t have to downsize today, maybe it last a day!

poncirusguy6b452xx thanked Bob
  • poncirusguy6b452xx

Glassed in for winter quadruple glass layers entering 3rd winter

Steve

• Matt z5b GH 9b

Loooks good Steve ! It takes real skill to play with glass enclosures.

poncirusguy6b452xx thanked Matt z5b GH 9b
  • Bob

Are These ready, can’t wait.

poncirusguy6b452xx thanked Bob
  • Laura LaRosa (7b)

Steve, your NZL looks great. Its growth habit reminds me of mine. Evan, so nice to see you around here again! I always really enjoy seeing pics of your beautiful trees. You must give tons of fruit away during harvest time. Bob, your grow rooms looks great and all that fruit! Those look close to ready, but I'd wait a bit longer perhaps. I will post pics soon of mine. They are still outside, but will be finally coming Thursday morning because it is supposed to go down to 32. I'm getting the house ready and will do a final spray of the trees as well before bringing them in. I also have to dig up all the lights out of the basement...ugh! We are still enjoying the many miho wase mandarins that my tree produced this year. It's the first time that I have really enjoyed the delicious fruit and that there have been plenty of them. Looking forward to coming years with that tree.

poncirusguy6b452xx thanked Laura LaRosa (7b)
  • Matt z5b GH 9b

From today Nov 6

Here is the Ponderosa lemon in ground. Currently it's leafing out again and blooming. It stands at about 4 feet. Washington navel is on the left, potted. It grows from Dec-June.

• Bob

Besides citrus,l also grow some of these things, persimmons. Picked most , could cover 3 tables easy.

poncirusguy6b452xx thanked Bob
  • Laura LaRosa (7b)

Wow Bob!! What on earth do you do with all of those?

• Bob

Next spring I’ll be Freddy Kruger, have cut down several peach and plums, pluots. Next spring persimmons and pears be shortened. I share with all forum members If they live in the vesinity. Just came back from downhill with two more buckets, that makes 14.

If you have a dehydrator or two you can make candy for a few years. Laura, you got any idea’s, now. What about my citrus, no problems there, just enough to get a idea which one to keep.

poncirusguy6b452xx thanked Bob
  • poncirusguy6b452xx

My persimmons

Steve

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A

Still about a hundred left on the tree! Sorry, not citrus but Fuyu persimmons.

poncirusguy6b452xx thanked Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
  • poncirusguy6b452xx

My Fukushu tree has it own COLD BLOODED security officer, no mercy

Steve

• jeanwedding

wow yall Im sailvating jealous again. yum yum.. Wow Bob, Steve etc

I prob mentioned my in ground prob 6 yr old or so... BT fig did not ripen before heavy 25 degrees or so nites....So at least God gave me sev from the centerof tree,

I luckily found...( I happen to look before the frigid air started) in daytime. I was too tired to try covering it that night. had been messing with my many containers of other stuff etc . out in the cold and dark

Bob wow. God Blessed you. yum yum and others. Im happy far all..so blessings fellow brothers and sisters

poncirusguy6b452xx thanked jeanwedding
  • poncirusguy6b452xx

NZL

In ground outside behind 4 layers of glass all sides.

Steve

• Matt z5b GH 9b

Steve have you had fruit on the plants over winter before?

• poncirusguy6b452xx thanked dnedd1 zone7 LI NY
  • poncirusguy6b452xx

Last year I picked the only fruit in late February to prevent new flower drop so I would get fruit this year. It seams to take nearly a year to go from buds to ripe fruit.

Steve

• evdesert

Nice steve! Congrats on the fruit!

poncirusguy6b452xx thanked evdesert
  • Laura LaRosa (7b)

My trees are finally in and arranged throughout my house. I am still adding a few clip lights here and there, but they’re mostly set up. Here are a few shots...

blood oranges and Meyer lemons.
    can you spot the parrot?? Lol. He’s the newest memos the family. He likes the trees but has to be watched or he’ll chew up the branches.

• Mikhail (Bay Area/East Bay - 9b)

I do not have a lot of pics but my inground trees are loaded this season. However, my poor little Meiwa is barely holding fruits. NZL and Fukushu always produce a lot. I decided not to have fruits on my Mandarin trees (Tango, Satsuma Wase) and ST this season. I hope it will help those trees to grow faster.

This is my Fukushu (1-2 weeks ago):

One of my NZL branches. I will probably remove some fruits to make it easier for the tree.

poncirusguy6b452xx thanked Mikhail (Bay Area/East Bay - 9b)
  • Laura LaRosa (7b)

Mikhail, beautiful trees! I have to thank you for inspiring me to give my NZL another shot. A few days ago we harvested two ripe lemons - one maybe a tad over-ripe, but my daughter liked both. I preferred the tangier one. I definitely will keep the tree as I suspect the fruit will only improve with age. Enjoy your harvest!

• Bob

Laura, those two birds finally feel at home, like in the tropics. It’s been a long time seeing this beautiful for them. They will feel at home.

Your tree’s are looking really nice!!!

poncirusguy6b452xx thanked Bob
  • evdesert

Bob, that is a lot of persimmons, don’t know that I’ve ever tried one. I still can’t figure out how to rotate pics the correct way.

laura, your house looks like a forest with all those trees, it’s awesome.

mikhail the progress on your trees is fantastic, they look great!

my vpe started pushing new growth, I love the pink tinge the leaves get.

The rye grass had popped!

Evan

• Bob

Evan, the easiest way to shoot, just keep your camera in wide position. If you shoot the other way, Houzz keep correcting and lay down your pictures.

I have send a bunch of persimmon sion wood to addresses in California in exchange with stuff I want. Things have changed a bit now, the Greening Decease.

Tree ripened persimmons are hard to beat, if you know what variety to grow.

.

poncirusguy6b452xx thanked Bob
  • poncirusguy6b452xx

My seed grown fruiting Meiwa kumquat tree.

Steven

• Mikhail (Bay Area/East Bay - 9b)

NP, Laura. Hopefully, your NZL will be better next year! Nothing is guaranteed, obviously, but NZL definitely deserves another chance :) Such a cool and unsual tree.

For example, my Meiwa had tasteless fruits last year. Actually, they tasted soapy. No aroma, nothing. I know that many people love Meiwas and I am planning on giving my little tree at least two more harvests to prove itself.

• Bob

The members growing citrus from California in particular should be able to give the zone pushers a good

evaluation how citrus should taste like. A lot of us keep buying the ” wrong “ tree’s, than either regraft them or get rid of them. Most of us have access to the best varieties. I for one have just as good stuff as the California members. As far as taste goes, they have the advantage but than I might come in in second place, which is ok with me.

If you like lemons, having 7 different varieties, than find out you really only need one or two, that to me is “ learning the hard way”, same with everything else btw.

poncirusguy6b452xx thanked Bob
  • greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a

I decided to get rid of my lanky pink Eureka motherplant after the most recent attack by deer. It is now planted in my sister's yard, where it will either sink or swim this Winter. And if it survives, it will do much better there than in my shaded garden.

poncirusguy6b452xx thanked greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
  • poncirusguy6b452xx

NZL on US897 has ripening fruit.

Steve

• poncirusguy6b452xx

seed grown Fukushu kumquat tree gets 2 more sheets of glass on south side as well as insulation where the sun doesn't shine

Steve

• sunshine (zone 6a, Ontario,Canada)

Hi everyone, I just lost a large post with pictures and everything, so frustrating, I give up! All your trees and fruit are awesome, I really enjoyed looking at your work!

poncirusguy6b452xx thanked sunshine (zone 6a, Ontario,Canada)
  • poncirusguy6b452xx

You won't loose your posts at this site

And you can display 4 magapixal photos.

Steve

• sunshine (zone 6a, Ontario,Canada)

Houzz has turned these forums into a nightmare :( , my pictures are not even that large. Oh well, will post some other time, Steve!