Software
Houzz Logo Print
5989369

Help finding these please!

6 years ago

Hi everyone! Could I get some help locating something like these doors. I saw them on Pinterest but unfortunately no leads on where they were purchased or made ..Ive been researching forever with no luck under etched, stained, beveled glass doors with no luck so far . I need them outswing size about 72” x 32” each stain ready .

Comments (32)

  • 6 years ago

    Or they could be architectural salvage taken from an old building. There are quite a few listed on ebay, but none so elaborate or grand. I think you'd have to get in touch with a high end architectural salvage company (likely in a large eastern city) to find something like that.


    https://www.ebay.com/b/Leaded-Glass-Doors/bn_7024948712?rt=nc&_pgn=8

  • 6 years ago

    Yes! I’ve been all over eBay looking as well with no luck . But ty . I sent a few emails today to door stores maybe it can be custom made for under $200 . Haha jk

  • 6 years ago

    Since money is no object, check out 1st dibs.

  • 6 years ago

    @worth oh ty so much I just put these on layaway! By the time I pay them off they’ll be an artifact and worth millions.. lol

  • 6 years ago

    @sammy ty ! I was actually on that website and I will send them my inspiration picture and see what they say .

  • PRO
    6 years ago

    You need someone to do the panels so look for leaded glass artists and then someone to build the frame these are custom you will not find them on ebay and 200.00 get real that will not even cover the cost of the frames.

  • 6 years ago

    Custom leaded glass doors! Add a couple more zeros!!!

  • 6 years ago

    Each!

  • 6 years ago

    @lynartist actually that’s not bad since I just got a quote for $10k! Lead me the way please. : )

  • 6 years ago

    Bobby! I was thinking for that quality 20,000.! I wasn’t counting the decimal point;)!

  • PRO
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    I know who I would use locally, as she does stellar work. She does restoration work in churches and commissions for new houses and everything else. 10K wouldn’t be a realistic expectation in my experience though, unless that’s for just 1 of the doors. Custom leaded glass is not inexpensive. Especially with custom beveled pieces that fit the design. Using pre made beveled pieces and designing within that as a design limitation does get the price down. But it also reduces quality as the premise bevels coming out of China just aren’t the same quality. It isnt as sparkly. Like the difference in good cut crystal and a lower quality glass.

    https://carveddesignsmemphis.com/about/

  • 6 years ago

    I had a door made for a wine cellar made awhile back. Not nearly as intricate as the ones you posted Bobby but still very beautiful! By the time the custom door was made and the install was done( single door btw) it was closer to the quote you received. If you scale back your leaded glass design you should do ok. The doors you posted are truly fabulous and very pricy!

  • 6 years ago

    @lynartist well the 10k quote did include the custom doors, inside slide tracking, shipping etc.. Just not the install. Hmmmm I could just buy sliding mirror closet doors from Home Depot and add some of that etched stain glass look film.. I bet I’ll get the same exact look ! Lol

  • 6 years ago

    OH Bobby! Can you see me shaking my head!!! This is why I hate inspiration pics:(! For all we know those amazing doors could be 200k! No telling! As The Cooks Kitchen said; getting that quality of beveled , high lead content glass to get that sparkle would be so cost prohibitive in today’s market! I’m sure those must be vintage so scale back your design plan and go from there!

  • 6 years ago

    @Business_Name_Placeholder ikr!! That inspiration picture I found on Pinterest is probably what Mark Zuckerberg had made for his closet in his garage for leftover paint cans ..

  • 6 years ago

    ;))))!

  • 6 years ago

    At only 72” high, what are these doors for? They’re obviously not going to be passage doors—at least not for human passage, anyway. :D

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    The First Dibs price for the door I posted is in C$ and is fully negotiable. But of course not everyone appreciates antique. "Eww! it's chipped and old!"

  • 6 years ago

    @worthy I’m afraid I’m one of those people! Probably smells too : ))))

  • 6 years ago

    @Sammy whoops actually it’s 82“ high. For my kitchen hallway pantry.

  • PRO
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Glass doors for a pantry that aren’t frosted? Your pantry is organized enough with pretty glass containers and nice wood bins for everything for that? Everything is still in the original boxes and cans in mine. The can section is a multi colored multi cultural explosion, and I kinda like it like that. Not a Kardashian tea drawer. https://people.com/food/khloe-kardashian-home-organized-kitchen-tea-drawer/amp/ I think the jars and bins cost as much as your doors!

  • 6 years ago

    Yikes! Your pantry! I found these on my local architectural salvage website! Might be a good place for you to start looking!

  • 6 years ago

    @the cooks kitchen have you seen the movie Sleeping with the Enemy? That’s how organized I’m gonna be in my new house ! Well, at least for the first few months anyway.

  • 6 years ago

    I can’t even fathom what doors you’ve picked out for your clothes closet! If you tell me they’re standard doors, I’ll have to insist that you re-think this whole leaded-glass pantry-door thing. I mean, surely your wardrobe — or at least parts of it — is much more worthy of showcasing than rolls of paper towels and cream of mushroom soup cans!

  • 6 years ago

    @sammy loblol.. I’m doing a French door for my closet with double dead bolt .. So my dog/cats sitter doesn’t get too nosey.. : )

  • 6 years ago

    @sammy I hate cream of mushroom soup.. ha.. Anyhoo I think I found a company in CA. finally. He said he could make me exact doors but with less beveled glass which wld bring cost down at about $8700 . But after checking out his other products I think I’m going to go with these with more privacy glass since I’m sure my pantry will look like a tornado went thru it when the newness wear off. $4700 total including shipping for insulated double pane tempered, framed in 5” wood trim and stained for me , I think it’s a pretty good deal for two custom doors.

  • 6 years ago

    Very nice Bobby. A bit Victorian; is that the style you prefer?

  • 6 years ago

    @Business_Name_Placeholder maybe I should mention my favorite movie is Elizabeth With Cate Blanchett. : ))) I loved contemporary modern in my 20s But now I am so in love with old world style opulence.

  • 4 years ago

    Doors came out gorgeous for my pantry. Had them made on some website I found and stained them after they were installed. I used bookshelves for inside. Found the bronze mermaid handles online from Bali.