Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
khuston70

Ceiling Question

khuston70
4 years ago
I love the ceiling beams. Are they wood or some other material?
Sports Fan Dream Basement in Northern Virginia · More Info

Comments (11)

• PRO
    Metro Building and Remodeling Group LLC
    4 years ago

The ceiling beams are wood. It is primed 1x material that was then painted. Hope this helps.

• PRO
    Stacie
    4 years ago

Is it an exposed ceiling? How is it soundproofed?

• PRO
    4 years ago

The beams are all dropped "fake" beams that we built out of 1x6 primed material. So the sound insulation is still up in the "real" joist bays, then covered with drywall, and then the 1x6 beams built below that.

khuston70 thanked Metro Building and Remodeling Group LLC
  • chloe1200
    4 years ago

Can you tell me the brand and name/# of ceiling paint? It looks to be a dark gray?

Thanks.

• Fly Safford
    4 years ago

Hi what are the colors of the wall? The cream color and the pepperorn go well together

• PRO
    4 years ago

The wall color is SW7547 Sandbar. Hope this helps and good luck on your project.

• Lauren Smith
    3 years ago

Having a low ceiling in my basement should I paint a lighter color or dark?

• PRO
    3 years ago

Lauren7400, - thanks for the question. It would be our recommendation with a low ceiling height to go with a lighter paint color so it doesn't feel as closed in. The ceiling in the Sports Fan Dream basement, was 9' tall, so we were okay going with a darker color. Hope this helps and good luck on your project.

• Jay Dalton
    10 months ago

Do you know how wide the drawers are and the doors?

• HU-937008849
    last month

Love everything! the bar is also awesome. what is the ceiling colour name, code, paint brand and finish? thank you!