FOR PROS
Business tools custom-built for our industry

Say 'so long' to generic business software. Houzz Pro is designed for industry professionals like you.

bayarea_girl

Rainbow Niagara and Peach Swirl

At this time of the year, I feel lucky to have roses blooming in my garden. Here are some of them. Rainbow Niagara is the opened bloom in the middle. The rest of the blooms are Peach Swirl. Because of the cold weather, Rainbow Niagara bloom color is lighter than normal which makes the bloom looks almost like a Peach Swirl bloom.

Rainbow Niagara (MACtaurang/Marvelle/Tropical Sunset), a hybrid tea rose, bred by Samuel Darragh McGredy IV (1988) and introduced in New Zealand (1995). 4.5-inch yellow, orange-red stripe blooms have moderate, fruity, sweet fragrance. This is one of my favorite cut flowers.

Peach Swirl (TEXpeaswi), a hybrid tea rose introduced in the US by Texas Rose Ventures (2017). Edmund’s' Roses has one of the best descriptions for this amazing rose, "Lavish swirls of peach, apricot and creamy yellow create a breathtaking display. Like a scoop of delectable ice cream, the large fragrant blooms of this phenomenal rose are a delight for the senses; one look, one whiff, and you can't help but come back for seconds. Long canes make this rose perfect for cutting so the decadence of the blooms can be indulged upon indoors, as well." Helen

• BenT (8a Dallas, TX)

Wonderful winter roses. I grow both of them too, in different parts of the yard, and after a while it occurred to me they were similarly colored, PS softer than RN.

bayarea_girl_z9ca thanked BenT (8a Dallas, TX)
  • sara_ann-z6bok

Helen, those are both lovely. So nice of you to share your blooms during this winter season. I love your descriptions of these beauties too!

bayarea_girl_z9ca thanked sara_ann-z6bok
  • sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida 9a)

They do look very similar. I only grow Peach Swirl but I love it. I was thinking the photos of Marc Chagall also looked like Peach Swirl.

I get frogs in my "ice cream" here Lol! (Peach Swirl froggy a la mode)

bayarea_girl_z9ca thanked sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida 9a)
  • Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley

Magnificent! Sultry, does this rose BS for you?

bayarea_girl_z9ca thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
  • sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida 9a)

It does get a little black spot deep into summer when the humidity is thick enough to slice with a knife and its raining everyday. Its pretty healthy otherwise. It sheds those leaves and grows them back quickly.

Its one of my best bloomers. Another cool thing about the blooms is the colors start out vibrant and the stripes are defined. Then as it ages, it gets softer and the colors kinda meld together and they last a long time on the bush. They just get bigger and poofier as they age. Its is one of my all time favs ♡

An even more melded bloom.

Very faded after 6 days but still kinda pretty.

• Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley

Wow! I love a rose that ages well and they are hard to come by it seems.

• Sylvia Wendel

Two of my favorite stripes! Sultry, these are magnificent,

bayarea_girl_z9ca thanked Sylvia Wendel
  • sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida 9a)

Thank you. Its really a great rose. It smells nice too.

My oldest one, in the ground, got up to 6ft. I cut it back a little and it got pouty for several months. I dont think this one likes to be cut back. Now, I just let them do their thing. Its one of the frogs favorites. Sometimes in the spring through fall, I can't get a photo of Peach Swirl without some frog in the blooms lol.

• bayarea_girl_z9ca

Sultry, gorgeous blooms of Peach Swirl! Helen

• bayarea_girl_z9ca

These blooms were closed in the previous post and are open now. This rose has everything one can wish for in a rose, unique beauty, fragrance, long vase life, health, and great repeat... It’s in my perfect rose category. Helen

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca

Helen please teach us a course on photography!! No one does it like you !

Your roses look so so beautiful. Do you find your garden gets more shade now ? Mine does so I hardly have anything.

bayarea_girl_z9ca thanked Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
  • sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida 9a)

Beautiful shots. Some look like they are glowing! i agree with Lily, we all could use some lessons :)

• bayarea_girl_z9ca

Lily and Sultry, thank you for the kind words :)

Lily, yes my garden gets more shade now so the roses slow down. The upside is the pictures turn out great when the sun isn't too bright, lol.

I have learned background is also as important as the roses when taking rose pics. If you want to show roses in portrait style, you want a soft background. You want to have blur background and sharp foreground (roses in this case). When you do that, the roses in the foreground will pop really well. Remove anything in the background that makes the background pops like yellow leaves, bright color garden tools... If you want to have more fun, treat each of your rose pic like you want to tell a story through it. For example when you capture 2 rose blooms, if you position them nested against each other, they could look like a couple... Just have fun with your imagination, and you will have some good pics. Helen

• Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley

What a great hint about the bright background colours!