babycookie

Gifted an amaryllis

Taylor

Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I have never cared for an amaryllis before and have just been gifted this one by a friend. It came as one of the ready to grow kits so I wasn’t expecting much, but would still like to try to properly care for it. I have researched about care online and thing I have the gist, but am concerned about the red spotting on the bottom and sides of the bulb.

So my main question would be- is it be red blotch? If so, how should I go about treatment? Or any other advice would be very much welcome.

Thank you again!

Comment (1)

• Fred Biasella

Hi Taylor,

I wouldn't worry about it, it looks fine. Just plant it in some free draining mix and you'll be rewarded soon. keep it on the drier side until the leaves start growing, that means the roots will be growing nice and strong. After that, start watering it normally. Good luck and post pictures.

Taylor thanked Fred Biasella