Software
Houzz Logo Print
theroseaddict

raspberry cream twirl... does anyone have pics to share

I just bought this rose and would love to see more pics im sure one of you lovely folks have her .

Comments (26)

  • 6 years ago

    I don't grow this rose, but Cori Ann had some gorgeous photos if you search her old posts on the Rose Forum.

  • 6 years ago

    Dianela grows this beautifully on her front porch in Alabama, hopefully she’ll chime in.

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    I knew I'd seen it somewhere else recently.... smacking my forehead! ; D

    Here's one of Cori Ann's posts. Here is a Rose Forum search showing many entries. Dianela's magnificent garden and RCT specimen are in the latter.

  • 6 years ago

    Oh I cannot wait . She will be glorious in my garden .

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Dianela has really nice pics of hers growing up an arch in front of her porch somewhere on this forum.


    On the first video on this thread towards the middle end-ish lol.

    https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5841434/when-everything-looks-gray-dreaming-of-spring-with-a-video#n=29

  • 6 years ago

    I posted links to her threads with still pictures above. Thanks for the video link.

  • 6 years ago

    I seem to recall you had great pics of it, too, Sultry? With the adorable frogs in them?? Or was I dreaming that, lol?? :-)

  • 6 years ago

    Kenneth,

    This is the best one I had this summer. I bought it from Heirloom in a June. It’s very healthy, but hasn’t grown or bloomed much so far. I have high hopes.


  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    That's dreamy, Sylvia, and a good example how the same variety can be so different. Mine bloomed while in their tiny bands. I got one planted and the other is waiting to be planted in the spring. Both own root. The blooms were even better than I expected. They're big and blowsy and perfumey. Yours is even more stripey than mine. Mine was slow to put on new growth, too. They won't be tall climbers like Dianela's here.

  • 6 years ago

    Sylvia, I really like that bloom! Dreamy is right. Its really frilly.


    Raspberry Cream Twirl gets some little proliferations sometimes which are kinda cool. The blooms are ofter quartered too. They are fluffy & cup cakey so the tree frogs here do like sleeping in them. They arent all that thorny either. The blooms do have a scent but it is not as strong as a lot of other roses so that is its only drawback.

    Mine is own root and is 3 or 4 yrs old (have to check on that lol). I ordered 2 grafted ones from Regans this year. Dianela's photos/videos inspired me to make a RCT arch.


    Perma, thank you. I'm sure I do have frog photos of RCT on Houzz lol. Its hard to keep those frogs out of the fluffy striped roses for some reason. It has their two favorite rose features (fluffy & striped) I think.


    There's also some photos of my RCT on Dianela's thread link (posted above) if one scrolls down aways.

    ~Sjn

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Dianela, I'm so glad you found this post!!! I'm going to suggest this rose for my friend's new garden as it low-thorn and beautiful! From where are most getting this rose? I read where Fresh Garden Living has it, but I don't know how large her plants are and since the price seems to have increased, I'm wondering about alternative vendors. I wish they had it locally.

  • 6 years ago

    I adore those pictures of RCT! Yours both look gorgeous, Dianela! What a beauty! Vap, for some reason I’ve never seen RCT offered locally around here, either. Lilyfinch has been looking for one locally, but hasn’t found it. I’m thinking that might be a good thing, since it would probably be grafted if bought locally. I had no idea RCT could grow so large, especially grafted! She just might be better off with RCT on its own roots, considering how large it grows grafted. Lisa

  • 6 years ago

    Vapor I got mine from Heirloom. The plants were not large but they grew quickly. I hope your friends tries her.

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Dianela is your arch made from Cattle Panels? I recently got some from Tractor Supply (not for the RCTs but for some other bigger climbing roses and vines) I havent put my panels up yet, waiting until late Febuary after I take the greenhouse down and move some other stuff around.

    I got my original RCT from Heirloom too, back when they sold bands. I've seen it for sale on etsy as well. Garden Fresh Living has the RCT on sale right now for 16.99 and free ship. She also has Colette and White Eden :) I buy from her all the time. Never lost one.

  • 6 years ago

    I remember Cory Ann bought hers locally but of course she doesn't live anywhere near you Lisa! Thanks for the info on sources all let him know and he can decide where to get them. He'll need a couple so I'm trying to find the best price for Asus shipping versus size Etc. Grafted would be fine.

  • 6 years ago

    I got mine from Northland last year. They don't have their complete 2020 rose list up yet. The mail order is separate from the garden center now, and still in the process of making the change.

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Sultry thank you for all the info on Etsy, I also want to buy Colette some time. My husband made my arch by bending some round steel tubing I think from Lowe’s, and the mesh wire came from tractor supply. Cattle panels sounds like a great idea, every time I see some in town I want some. Please share when you put yours up.


    vapor I checked and Heirloom has it in stock for 38 so two would give him free shipping. If someone is selling for 16.99 and free shipping that does sound like a much better deal.

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    sultry, I missed the free shipping part! How big are her plants? I'd like to wait til later to order, but worry she won't have it then. I guess I could just put it in cold storage. Are any of these sources grafted? There is someone on ebay that sells some nice OGRs, also.

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Band size, like a starter plant-not huge but all the ones I've received from her have roots filling the band pot and I usually throw them into a one gallon for a month or two then pot up from there. Last year, I got Colette, White Eden, and Fourth of July. Colette started blooming right away. I know I got some others from her as well the year prior, just cant think of them right now lol.

    I'm definitely going to get some more from her this year.

    I noticed she has Bliss, if anyone wants that as an own root band. The shipping usually starts in March or so but you can pick a ship date based on your climate. She was responsive to email, the one time I inquired about shipping.


    Regans had bare root RCT not sure if they are sold out or not yet.

  • 6 years ago

    Why is this question being tagged for the Antique Roses discussion?

  • 6 years ago

    I guess whoever started it didn't realize it's not an an OGR. Houzz gives three choices and sometimes people think one HAS TO choose more than one forum.

  • 6 years ago

    I deleted it from the antique im new so I barely know . So my apoligies .

  • 6 years ago

    No need to apologize. It's so confusing at times.

  • 6 years ago

    RCT is pretty enough it should be everywhere :P

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Lisa I just saw your comment for some reason it didn’t show before. Thank you, RTC has turned out to be awesome. I just planted one on a fence around 10 feet away from a Mel’s heritage. I can only imagine what those two will do together lol :) Not sure their colors will look good together at all but I needed fast strong coverage so we will see. I’ll report back in a year or so.