FOR PROS
Business tools custom-built for our industry

Say 'so long' to generic business software. Houzz Pro is designed for industry professionals like you.

sherrygirl5

D daylilies 2020

sherrygirl zone5 N il
last modified: January 6, 2020

This will be a short post for me, I only have two D daylilies. since that is the case for me I have something else to share with you today other than a quote. Here goes:

I spotted this car in a grocery store parking lot this summer. All those little animals are glued to the hood of this car. Everybody that walked by it grabbed their phone and took a picture. On close inspection, ( in my spare time, ha,ha) I noticed there are no dogs in the collection but at least 5 cats! That’s it! A crazy cat lady!

On to the daylilies

Destined to See had a great season.

Daring Deception was purchased locally at An end of season sale. The colors are a bit muddy, not sure if it will stay. It performs well in all day sun here.

Sherry

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)

Yup. That's us. The crazy cat people. Doing strange things for reasons known only to ourselves....lol.............I have only one D but I like it a lot. A Stamile that actually has repeated for me:

Dixie Sunrise with Storm Prince popping up front:

Maryl

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
  • lilykate7a

Off to work so no time to post lilies now but had to comment! First, Destined to See is so pretty! What a great clump shot! And Maryl, every time you post Dixie Sunrise, I think I must get it-beautiful!!

Now, as to that car!! I hope it is their “forever” car!! I cannot see that decoration adding a ton of resale value to it!!!

Kate

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked lilykate7a

Question need Help...

I have question .. if you can import your own furniture into 2020. or if you can import items from 3D Warehouse (sketchup models) but find out if you can import other 3D file formats like OBJ, FBX or 3DS (or something else).

Need Help in 2020.

Hi Bobbi! I am sooo incredibly busy with new projects that I haven't been able to spend much time on Houzz. I'm doing my best to catch up so I can get back on here! Hope all is well with you and your world :) - Steve

Tile size and type choice help needed

Wood look tile has been around for years and have gotten better and better looking. Actually, wood look tile has dramatically increased in sales in the last few years and still gaining momentum. Because it's pretty and practical for many lifestyles (pets and children) it's going stronger. However, real hardwood floors is usually the first option for most buyers. Actually, large format tile in main living spaces (like travertine) has lost the appeal it once had.

Need help with "Piano Lounge"

I love the window room but, if possible, I would instead consider putting the piano in the corner of the adjacent room next to the long half wall since that corner has more temperature control and visibility upon entering the space. In the window room without the piano, I would set up a square seating area in the middle of the room to take advantage of the views in every direction. If the piano has to go in the window room, I would not include a sectional as I think it would look too crowded. I see grand pianos as statement pieces that look best when they have plenty of space to breath. :)
  • celeste

I have to admit I'm glad we're on 'D' now so I won't have so many pictures! LOL

DESTINED TO SEE

DRAGONS EYE
    DELTA'S DREAM

DIANA GRENFELL

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste
  • celeste

DESERT ICICLE

DR. JULES MICHAEL VINKMAN

DRAGON KING

DESIREE

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste
  • celeste

DREAM SEQUENCE

DAVEY JONES LOCKER

DIVINE INSPIRATION

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste
  • celeste

LAST ONES.....

DOWN EAST ROYAL

DRUMS ALONG THE MOHAWK

DAVEO HOLMAN

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste
  • hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)

I hope the owner of that car doesn't plan to sell it any time soon. That petting zoo on the hood might cut their resale value!

Dixie Sunrise is beautiful and I really like Destined to See also. I also like Dr Jules Michael Vinkman. We grow it but I didn't get a picture of it this past season

Here are my D's.

Dreamy Drawing is a Lambertson that does very well for us.

Drums Along the Mohawk is an older one but I really like it.

Daniel Howard Norris has a nice big flat bloom.

Dave Chase Golden Glow is becoming one of our favorite oranges.

Dawn of Aquarius produced some lovely blooms last season. It's in a terrible spot and will be moved this spring.

Deadliest Catch produces some nice teeth. It is a fairly late bloomer in our garden.

That's all for me.

Nancy

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
  • Nancy 6b

I don't have time to post right now either, but wanted to comment. I love Destined to see, I had a clump several years, then it disappeared. I think it was Debra who was so nice to give me a replacement. Darn raccoon dug it up, it survived but was not healthy after that. I think the drought took it out last fall, but maybe it will sho up again. Dixie Sunrise is beautiful, I had it once too. It did amazingly well, then died. Not sure why because it looked good then at the end of summer it started declining. Might get that one and try again. Celeste, Desert Icicle bloomed for me last summer, short, but that is fairly normal for new plants here. I love it! Your purples again get my attention.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy 6b
  • Nancy 6b

I must have spent a long time on my post, spotted your plants Nancy. I like every one of those! Especially like the flat open look of Daniel H. Norris, good shade of red too. Good to know that Dreamy Drawing is doing well for you. I am always drawn to them, but not many do well.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy 6b
  • peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

Lol Sherry! I thought at first maybe your DH had laid out all his fishing lures.

I had Daring Deception but it dwindled away in it's pot before I got to plant it.

maryl they are both gorgeous.

Celeste I have a fair bit of pink in my garden but I find too much is just too much except when it comes to Daylilies. Desiree is particularly lovely along with all the rest.

hoosier-nan Dreamy Drawing & Daniel Howard Norris grabbed my attention.

Destined to See - not at it's best, in the extreme hot, dry year we had.

Double River Wye

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
  • shive

Sherry - How amazing that someone would glue plastic animals to the hood of a car! I wonder what that does to the resale value? Somehow I think it's some grandparent who wanted to entertain their grandchild.

Destined to See looks great in all your gardens. I have that one. But since so many great pictures are already on that thread, I won't post mine.

Since I don't have many D's either, I'm going to post multiple photos of my D intro.

Dearest Valentine in cool temps and shade

Dearest Valentine in hot temps and sun

Dancing Summerbird

Dancing Flamingo

Dance Again

Dearest Mahogany

Dixie Hummingbird

Divas in Diamonds

Debra

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked shive
  • shive

Maryl - Dixie Sunrise is a beauty! You know I can't resist those pinks!

Celeste - Dr. Jules Michael Vinkman is nice. I have it too, although it's very short here. How's the height on yours?

Hoosier Nan - I'm always drawn to Daniel Howard Norris. I saw a clump of it in Kingsport, TN and it went on my wishlist then. How does it perform for you?

Nancy6B - It was me who gave you a replacement on Destined to See. I moved mine two years ago, and the grubs just about ate it to death. I hope it will rebound this year.

Debra

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked shive
  • Nancy 6b

I keep coming back to look at the car LOL. It is entertaining, I could see doing it just to make people smile. Sure would cut into resale though, unless there is some kind of glue that would come off that I don't know about.

Double River Wye looks really good with that huge clump of Shastas. Debra, Dearest Valentine is so pretty, does it EVER have a less than perfect bloom? Dearest Mahogany is stunning.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy 6b
  • shive

Nancy - I used to say Dearest Valentine never had a bad bloom. But two seasons ago, the early blooms were quite splotchy when I was having an especially bad season of thrips. Last year just about every bloom was perfect, and some of the scapes had 18 buds, their highest ever. The only drawback on Dearest Valentine from my viewpoint is that it's not an early morning opener. The blooms don't open all the way flat until about 9:30 a.m. here.

Debra

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked shive
  • lilykate7a

D is evidently not a popular letter!! Desert Icicle, Dawn of Aquarius, Daniel Howard Norris, and Dearest Valentine catch my eye on these. I have a few but only found photos of two. This did get me to thinking I did not see Dena Marie’s Sister bloom last year. Must check on her this spring!!

Digital Dynamics was new last year but bloomed well.

I posted this as a noid last spring but did some digging-both in dirt and though my paperwork and think I have identified this one as Darla Anita.

• signet_gw(6b)

My post was tossed again so I will just be watching the posts by others . Not even gonna attempt it again .

Lilykate, your last image sure looks like my Darla Anita. Nice plant , just wish it was taller .

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked signet_gw(6b)
  • hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)

Debra, Daniel Howard Norris does perform well for us. I don't count buds, but we have never been disappointed in it. We grow lots of Richard Norris daylilies and they all do well here.

• Nancy 6b

Finally settled down enough to post my daylilies

Dances With Giraffes

Darius, an oldie

Daveo Holman, I don't think I spelled this correctly. Pretty bloom, but not a lot of them, very short

Double River Wye

De Colores

Delia O'Bryan Brown

Delimma

Diana Grenfell

Discarded beauty is washed out in this photo but blooms so well

• Nancy 6b

More

Dixie sunrise before it died.. rebloomed nicely too both years I had it

Don Diego is really bright, it might have died too after bloom.

Donna Jack supposed to be toothy. I see an occasional one, but no more than on other ruffled. Not sure I really like the color but it is such a great bloomer

Dr Jules Michael Vincman

Desperado Love

Dumortieri, not that much to my liking, but blooms a month before others even start

Dutch Art, I left my garden last summer, but thought I would post it anyway. Cute small flowered one

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy 6b
  • shive

Kate - Digital Dynamics is an eye catcher!

Nancy - Dr. Jules Vinkman is looking good in your garden too! I forgot about Desperado Love. It usually is one of my best performers, but had an off year here last year.

Desperado Love

Debra

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked shive
  • Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)

I'm in a pink kind of mood today so everyone's pinks look good to me.............Also Nan: I like your picture of Drums Along the Mohawk. Reminds me of South Seas. Nice refreshing orange sherbert/melon color.....Debra: You know I like Dance Again with its yellow hue and ruffles..........Nancy: Sorry to hear about your Dixie Sunrise. Won't know until this spring if mine survived. I grew Don Diego at one time too. Form wasn't the best here. It always seemed to have its tongue sticking out at me so it went elsewhere............Maryl

• Brad KY 6b

I'm falling behind. I will comment on all you your beautiful flowers tomorrow. I only have 2 Ds

Do the Twist

Desert Icicle

Brad

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Brad KY 6b
  • hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)

Maryl, I guess there is a reason Drums Along the Mohawk looks like South Seas. South Seas is one of its parents. It does have that luscious color of South Seas but in our garden is taller.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)

How interesting Nan. That sherberty orange color is one of my favorite colors during our hot summers; so cool and refreshing. South Seas does pretty well holding it's color if placed in late afternoon shade here. Others with a similar shade of orange have not. I'll keep my eye out for Drums Along the Mohawk as well as room to put it.........Maryl

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

Brad Do the Twist is really interesting, it has so much going on.

• signet_gw(6b)

Some of my D's I have 69 D daylilies . These are some of the images that I can find that are tagged.

Daring Deception

Dashing Prince

Double Cutie .....a very short daylily . Will be moving it out of prime garden area and over to where the ducks and chickens are . It's very pretty but about 17 inches too short for me .

• Brad KY 6b

Here's some of my favorites; I went thru the list and picked the ones that stood out to me:

Dixie Sunrise, Desiree, Dawn of Aquarius,

Dearest Valentine, & Dancing Summerbird.

There are plenty of other good ones too but for lack of time I had to keep this brief.

Brad

• signet_gw(6b)

Yowza ! they posted. Gonna try again. Here is Dublin Elaine

Dallas Star

This is Dean Corey

Doc Branch

• signet_gw(6b)

Dancing with Sharks

This one on the right is Dragon King

And David Kirchhoff

• shive

Here's one I forgot about:

Dragonfly Dawn - another beautiful bloom, but the plant is not vigorous for me.

Signet - I really like Doc Branch and David Kirchhoff. I couldn't keep David Kirchhoff alive here, but it is lovely! Glad your posts are going through now!

Debra

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked shive
  • signet_gw(6b)

Thanks Debra , I am happy too ! David Kirchhoff is lovely but not particulary robust .

Here are just a few more

• signet_gw(6b)

Just a couple more:

• Brad KY 6b

Heather, I used to have Damsel in Distress, but it was usually in distress so it left. That was too bad, because I really liked it a lot.

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

Heather Dallas Star is very lovely! Glad you persevered with posting.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)

Heather: Dancing Summerbird looks to have large flat lilac flowers. So pretty in the sunlight. You've captured it nicely.............Maryl

• signet_gw(6b)

Thanks everyone . I have no idea what was wrong yesterday . Even when I copied the post and tried to paste it in a new post .....I came up with nothing . A glitch of some sort . Thanks to everyone for your nice comments.