Software
Houzz Logo Print
bleeth96

Artwork over headboard

6 years ago

Bought these yesterday from a local gallery. Are they too high above the headboard? Thanks?

Comments (15)

  • 6 years ago

    I meant “Thanks!” Lol

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Not too high, but maybe too short. I would rather have a single piece that is larger and therefore taller. I like tapestries above headboards, partly because they will not kill you if they fall down during earthquakes. I have a large painting above my headboard, but it is securely fastened with earthquake hangers.

    The art you show I think would look better in a hallway.

  • 6 years ago

    Thanks! I wonder if I had them reframed in larger frames if the scale would be better.

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    I rather like them and they're nicely framed by the lamps. The colors "lift" the room. You've done the bed beautifully.

    Edited: I had another look half an hour later and am having second thoughts. As before, I believe the colors are right on and make the room come alive, How would it look, I wonder, if you pushed them together and then put a large gold frame around them? That bit of luxe from an ornate frame might add that special something to this pretty room.

  • 6 years ago

    Thanks - I wish I could take credit for the bed - the designer provided me with all my choices. So this artist also has a 48” by 24” painting in this same series. I have these 3 on approval - I’m thinking I’ll switch them out and try that one.

  • 6 years ago

    I'm with Ingrid. Normally I might think 3 pieces of art that size would be too small for above a bed, but something about them just works in your space. I don't think they need bigger frames; like Ingrid says, the lamps frame them nicely.

  • 6 years ago

    Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I’m still on the fence, but I think trying the larger piece will help me decide.

  • 6 years ago

    I love the art that size too. works for the overall vibe of the space, but will be interested to see the single piece... you have a gorgeous room

  • 6 years ago

    Funny, I think the first photo with the straight on angle, is not very flattering and something looked off to me. The second photo, though, taken from a slightly different angle, looks great.

    I agree that the bed is perfect. Love that with the 3 pillows and bolster.

  • 6 years ago

    Lulu, I thought the same thing. My husband thought they should be the same height as the picture on the other wall, so we did that. Then I thought the height might be the problem. But now I’m thinking (with the help of the houzzers here) that it might be a problem of scale.

  • 6 years ago

    Pretty room. Could you share your wall color?

  • 6 years ago

    Because they are the source of color in the room they draw the eye. Their size has me squinting. The line they are hung on is fine--but the scale is waaay off.

  • 6 years ago

    Ratherbesewing - The paint color is a mystery to me. My decorator picked up the samples, we painted them on the wall and chose this one. The painter went to Sherwin Williams and got the equivalent. See the labels.

  • 6 years ago

    Better? Obviously not hung yet. I feel a bit like Goldilocks; I’ve gotten used to the little guys and now this one seems huge.