FOR PROS
Business tools custom-built for our industry

Say 'so long' to generic business software. Houzz Pro is designed for industry professionals like you.

sprtphntc7a

Thoughts on My Bedroom Ideas

sprtphntc7a

Hello All!

we are re-doing our bedroom, top to bottom!

new lighting, floors, adding pocket door, custom furniture to the ceiling,

new mattress, headboard etc...

we know we are using can lights and going to attach lights to the headboard. using some sort of resilient floor-marmoleum, lvt etc in a wood grain pattern but not rustic. also new ceiling fan.

we are having a cedar chest and my grandmother's lingerie cabinet re-finished in a walnut stain.

now the big question is: i love the color SW mount etna.. i originally wanted to paint the walls that color but now that i am thinking about it, i love the idea of doing the custom furniture and those 2 walls that it will be on, Mount Etna. i still have to find a color that goes with it to use for the other 2 walls & ceiling. so any thoughts on that would be great!!

i have picked out 'soft' gold hardware and think it will really shine on Mount Etna vs. the lighter color.

question: will it be too dark, too much? i know no one can answer this but: will i hate/tire of it in 3-5 years? do i go safe with a griege/off white cabs and 3 walls? one dark wall? really show the dust??

DH says its easy to change wall color in a few years but not the cabs, totally agree. so you can see he is not on board with dark cabs.

i don't want dark walls - light cabs. i basicaly have the opposite now. so looking for more monotone-calmer look. i want to walk in my room and it be peaceful and calm.

any other thoughts on a dark blue color? Mount etna shows green/blue/black, so need to get some on the walls and see how it plays out in my room... really going for a dark blue - can lean towards green or gray.... and a companion color to go with it. Our room is East facing, so lots of sun in the morning and decent light in the afternoon...

Some of my inspirations pics:

headboard with lights attached, not those specifically but that's the idea

both pics of Mount Etna cabs....

sorry for the long post. i have drawings, can post if needed...

TIA :)

Comment (1)