rach2020

Kitchen design help - decision time

Rach

Can you provide your inputs on this kitchen design?
We are doing a complete remodel - including taking down a wall (dining room to kitchen), new tiles, cabinets and appliances. The kitchen is the center of our house and we are avid cooks (both hubs and me and kids also like to help). I am sure that we will be spending a lot of time in this space - hence the need to have a good design.
Some design considerations:

1. I would like the main sink away from the cooktop as we usually have a lot of clutter (from handwashed dishes) around the sink.
  2. Island seating will be limited to 2 or max 3 (island will be 72*36) as we don’t want the 3rd seat to block traffic (close to wall)
  3. We have a glass wall on one side of the kitchen so no cabinets or appliances can be placed there
  4. Wall behind the cooktop has the bathroom so no changes can be made to this structure
  5. Open space next to island -planning to put a breakfast table with 4 chairs. Would have preferred a banquette seating but that would reduce the cabinet space drastically

Would love to get some feedback on the design in general and specifically on:

1. This design has prep sink next to cooktop - should we move it to island? That would allow for pantry cupboards to be added there.
  2. Should we include 1-2 tall cabinets for pantry or are the existing cupboards sufficient?