roxanna7

ISO Beth (Michigan) re: markers

roxanna7

In viewing your photos of the Lakesides, I see you have what look to be excellent plant ID markers. Could you tell me where you got them? They look as tho they would hold up to over-enthusiastic yard cleanup (leaf blowers) better than other types. The ones with your L. Cup Cake and L. Cha Cha.

• Beth (5b - Mid-Michigan)

I use these tent stakes from Amazon (they are less expensive now then in the summer)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WGQ2QLT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The tag I look for who has it on sale, the last ones I purchased from Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019G35SF8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I like to push them lower in the ground during winter so they stay in place.

roxanna7 thanked Beth (5b - Mid-Michigan)
  • roxanna7

Beth -- thank you so much for the reply!! I am ordering some now. They do look as tho they would stand up to the rough leaf-blowing/raking the hired macho-men inflict. Fingers crossed here!

• Beth (5b - Mid-Michigan)

Good luck, I started changing my tags about 2 years ago. So far they have lasted well. When I order the tags I get the large circle it is easier to read. I also wait for sales on the tags. Occasionally they are $.99, then I stock up.

• djacobz568sewi

Beth I have also expressed interest in your tags. I see the stakes and the id tags,but there seems to be another plastic piece that sticks out at a ninety degree angle and that’s where you attach your tag. Does that piece come with the stakes or is that something separate that you order as well? I can see the piece well on your On Stage photo.

• Beth (5b - Mid-Michigan)

djacobz, that piece came with the tags I purchased on ebay. That piece was nice since it clipped on the tag on post and held the tag a little forward. Unfortunately the next time I went to order tags they were not available from that supplier. I have since been attaching the balance with the cotter ring which comes with the tag.