Software
Houzz Logo Print
ahhleena

How long should my kitchen cabinet handles be?

6 years ago

I need advice on long the handles / drawer pulls should be on my new kitchen cabinets.

Also can’t figure out what to do about the bottom corner cabinet (lazy susan) ... nothing looks right... help!

Comments (13)

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    5"-7" should work.

    you don't want to have too many diff sizes. 2 should be enough. the tape on your far right cab is too tall. use the shorter ones for the drawers and short doors, and the longer ones for all of the tall doors and larger drawers.



    I did the Cosmas and I believe these are 6-ish. the hole spread is about 3 3/4 or so.



    for my larger doors I went up the next size. 7 1/2 ish

    others go longer and use knobs. longer means more money

    if these shorter drawers are 14", then the handles are prob 8-9.








  • 6 years ago

    Here’s an updated photo where I used shorter handles for the verticals (cabinets) but the horizontals (drawers) are the same.

    Is this better?

  • 6 years ago

    I’m in love with that honeycomb backsplash!! 😍😍

  • 6 years ago

    i see 3 sizes. pare it down to two. or even one. I think you could do one medium size for all doors/drawers. try 6-7" (with the tape) for everything

  • 6 years ago

    What should I do for the lazy Susan in bottom left corner?

  • 6 years ago

    Cost isn’t really a factor since my kitchen is so small... I just want it to look good.

    Here’s an updated photo...
    — all Bottoms are size Small.
    — Upper is a mix of Small and Medium.
    — 1 Long is only used on lazy susan in corner cabinet

  • 6 years ago

    Here are two more photos where I swapped out the top for all Smalls handles.

    The only difference in the second photo is the bottom corner cabinet handle

  • 6 years ago

    Last 2 photos for tonight.
    Do the drawers look better when the handles are placed higher on the front of the drawer??

  • 6 years ago

    if you do that w/your countertop overhang, you'll be banging your knuckles every time you grab them.

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    You could use knobs for both drawers and doors and likely be able open them all easily with two fingers. Knobs (if you're doing all the same) would be my preference over all handles) likely would work better in the corner than handles.

    If you choose handles, which could double as a tile bar but also add a shiny stripe that detracts from your dark cabinets, they need to be able to fit the largest hands any family member has and, for comfort, they need to be smooth on both the visible side and the underside.

    If you're someone that likes handles as a towel bar, you could put a towel holder on the sides of the upper cabinet on each side of the sink instead ... one for hand towels and the other for dish towels or the second one for paper towels.

  • PRO
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    I used the same size for all - mine are 5 1/4 wide and work perfectly.


  • 6 years ago

    where should i use knobs vs. handles?

    i like the modern look of handles but i agree that it might be too many vertical lines....


    I was hoping there was an easy "standard" that I could follow...