1nonlyj

Trench coats???

IdaClaire

Have we (fairly recently) had a discussion about trench coats here? I seem to be recalling one, but I can't locate the thread and I HATE the search feature on this site, which is pretty much useless.

I have a Columbia 3-in-1 jacket that I wore in Iceland, and it was a great choice for summer near the Arctic Circle! I was thinking I'd take it to England when I go in early spring, but I'm thinking the inner layer may be too warm, and if I zip it out and wear just the shell, it's a little more outdoorsy than fashionable. Not that I care too much about that, and can see it would actually be a good choice for one of the activities I'll be doing (the falconry), but I keep having thoughts of a cute trench coat and wondering if perhaps I should buy one of those for the trip instead of taking the 3-in-1.

Here's my 3-in-1:

Here's a London Fog I like:

What type of jacket would you take to England in early spring, if you were planning to spend most of your time in a medieval town going from tearoom to pub to cafe to shops? High temps are expected in the mid to high 50s, might get lucky and reach very low 60s. I know how to layer.