Raspberry Cream Twirl shade tolerance?

I succumbed to all the beautiful photos of this climber and purchased one from Heirloom about 2 weeks ago. It arrived purposefully defoliated and is already pushing out new growth. Does anyone know how tolerant it is to shade? My preferred spot receives morning sun with only periodic dappled shade later in the day. Would this be sufficient?

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida 9a)

I think it will flower better w more sun.

I love mine so I ordered 2 more this spring lol. My first one was in sun most all of the day with a teeny bit of dappled afternoon shade, like around 4pm. Then the trees grew bigger and denser. It got more and more shade. It flowered less. A few weeks ago, I just totally moved it out front in a much sunnier spot on a new arch. I think it will be happier.

I am in a very humid environment. The more humid, the more straight-on sun plants can take. If you are in a hot dry area, you may be able to get away with more shade and still get flowering.

weekend gardener thanked sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida 9a)
  • weekend gardener

Thanks for your advice sultry. I live in the Houston area, so humidity is a constant here too. I don't mind moderately reduced blooming, but I wouldn't want the rose to sulk so much that it blooms infrequently and becomes more susceptible to diseases. I do have a sunnier spot, so I'll plant it there. Which means that I still have a spot open for a more shade friendly rose... .