Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marilyn_sue

Breakfast on Wednesday!

I decided to make homemade oatmeal muffins this morning and so that is what I had along with a grapefruit and a glass of milk. These were not sweet muffins, I had butter on mine. What is on your breakfast table?

Sue

Comments (24)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    4 years ago

I have to weigh-in today so a nonfat greek yogurt with some raspberries and blueberries mixed in with a splash of vanilla and a cuppa will do it.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Annie Deighnaugh
  • marylmi
    4 years ago

I had a toasted half of a plain bagel with butter and honey, o.j., and coffee. I think tomorrow I will splurge and have pancakes! :)

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked marylmi
  • WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    4 years ago

Posted this on the other breakfast post. Didn't realize there was a new post for today. This morning had my homemade yogurt mixed with caramel sauce along with a small apple. It was soooo good.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
  • ediej1209 AL Zn 7
    4 years ago

DH had to go have a chest x-ray so I had 1/2 an apple (the 1/2 that hadn't gone bad LOL) But making up for it by having butternut squash soup and a grilled cheese sandwich made with the best GCS cheese - a British cheddar called Mature Red Leicester. Sooooo good!

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked ediej1209 AL Zn 7
  • DawnInCal
    4 years ago

Toasted half an English muffin and topped with very thinly sliced fried ham and melted parmesan cheese, a quarter of an avocado and fruit salad with yogurt and coconut granola.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked DawnInCal
  • stacey_mb
    4 years ago

An orange and two eggs scrambled with broccoli and low fat cheddar cheese. Coffee too.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked stacey_mb
  • gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    4 years ago

The last of the Wheat Chex with the last of the raspberries. Then I went grocery shopping as I was out of most everything else as well :-)

btw, a Leicester is not the same a cheddar. It is moister, more crumbly and with a much milder flavor. And requires much less time to age. Leicester is also treated with annatto extract to make it that dark orange-red color.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
  • Kathsgrdn
    4 years ago

I had leftover homemade enchilada casserole. Froze most of it for my lunches at work so will be having it for "lunch" too.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Kathsgrdn
  • ediej1209 AL Zn 7
    4 years ago

Gardengal, I didn't know that ... Igourmet lists it as a Cheddar. It melts so nicely but you do have to eat it rather quickly while still warm and pliable. I tried Colliers Cheddar ... Yuck.

• marilyn_c
    4 years ago

My usual cocoa and a biscotti...and a biscuit.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked marilyn_c
  • lisa_fla
    4 years ago

I didn’t eat before going to the gym and came home famished at noon. I made grits with onion and kale and plopped a poached egg on top and a sprinkle of Parmesan. I had unsweetened iced tea with a splas of OJ to drink.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked lisa_fla
  • roy4me
    4 years ago

I had an omelet with fresh vegetables

and some locally grown organic strawberries.

I startled the Fodmap diet for my digestive issues.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked roy4me
  • WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    4 years ago

I love, love, love the cheeses made in Leicester. Got hooked on them when we lived in Europe. It is hard to find them in my area.

• ediej1209 AL Zn 7
    4 years ago

WalnutCreek, we live in a "culinary wasteland" and if it weren't for the internet, eating would be boring as all get out. I found a website that has cheeses from all over the world: Igourmet.com. I usually order a few cheeses every 2 - 3 months and have never been disappointed.

• ediej1209 AL Zn 7
    4 years ago

We are having our version of sausage-n-egg mcmuffins this morning. Yummy stuff.

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    4 years ago

I have a thing about English cheeses.......might be something to do with my British heritage :-) On my first trip to London many years ago, I hate to tell you how much cheese I brought back in my carry-on, but a 5# crock of Stilton was among them!

Fortunately, I no longer need to wait for travel. Or rely on the Internet. Local grocery stores carry a wide range of imported cheeses and a reasonable selection of English cheeses are among them. My faves are the Stilton, Double Gloucester and Cotswold, which is just an herb flavored DG. And of course Huntsman which combines Stilton and DG. I've gotten the red Leicester a couple of times but I am not as wild about that one.

The Cotswold tops my list. I eat it as-is with fruit for a light lunch or snack. And it is wonderful on a roast beef sandwich. But much too expensive to cook with :-) I resort to domestic cheddar, usually Tillamook, for that!

I can also usually find a selection of these at Trader Joe's.

• ediej1209 AL Zn 7
    4 years ago

Gardengal, you are so lucky. Around here, shredded Parm in a green can is about as exotic as it gets. Yuck. I also love Double Gloucester. It is my favorite overall cheese but Ig hasn't had it the last couple of months. :-( I have a new-to-me cheese to try: Wensleydale. I will probably have it for breakfast tomorrow with my eggs & toast!

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    4 years ago

If it is just plain Wensleydale, I like it. But it is more often sold here with fruit included...usually dried cranberries. And I am not a huge fan of that. Nor the Stilton that comes with dried apricots mixed into the cheese. I like to pick what fruit to pair my cheese with and prefer it to come unadorned :-)

If you can get it, try the Cotswold!! If you like the DG you will certainly like it as well :-)

• ediej1209 AL Zn 7
    4 years ago

It is just the plain. There were several different fruit-included options but I want to see what the actual cheese is like. I will definitely look for Cotswold next time I put an order in!

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    4 years ago

Edie, thank you so much for the link.

• Lars
    4 years ago

Wednesday I made migas for breakfast, with corn tortillas, red and yellow bell pepper, eggs, beans, rice, cilantro, and Oaxacan Cotija cheese. I served salsa on the side because my guest from San Francisco (an ex-flat mate) does not like food too spicy. Normally I would add Habanero chili to this dish.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Lars
  • nicole___
    4 years ago

Lars...that sounds "amazing"!

I had two hard boiled eggs...

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked nicole___
  • jane__ny
    4 years ago

A cookie and coffee.