Software
Houzz Logo Print
jonette_erhardt61

Decor Items Dilemma

6 years ago

What advice do you suggest for decor placement on the buffet to add balance and design!!!

It’s a hot mess at the moment ! Thanks in advance🌼

Comments (30)

  • 6 years ago

    I think the mirror thing needs to be centered over the console, and lowered a bit. I'd remove all the small bits and pieces and probably just put a single bowl there . Less is more ;-)

  • 6 years ago

    Great , very nice! thank you 🌸

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    If you want to move the mirror down, you will have to move the buffet and mirror because of the light switch IMO. Right now the mirror is too high. Then I would put a lamp on one side of your buffet, (probably a taller thin lamp like one used for buffets), a pretty bowl in the center and on the other side a pretty green plant (I am a plant lover) Some one mentioned a different mirror and another one with a not-so-heavy appearance would work also.

  • 6 years ago

    All these comments are great! Personally I am terrible at this part of decoration. And I’m an artist. I do know, start with the biggest items, group tall, med, short. In #’s of 3’s, 5’s, 7’s. Remove everything you have there. Even the mirror. Sit in your space, and look at inspiration pics.

    jonette erhardt thanked Bette L
  • 6 years ago

    I agree the mirror is wrong for the buffet (which also blends into the floor)

    A great piece of art at 2/3 the width if the buffet to start then maybe no tchotkes on it

    jonette erhardt thanked jck910
  • 6 years ago

    Even the mirror? Hmm ok. Some great thoughts here ladies!!!💞

  • 6 years ago

    I agree to take everything off the top and start with a clean slate. I would keep it very simple and have a large vase with a big arrangement of simple live greenery, similar to this inspiration pic. to me, go bold with one piece off center that connects the console to the piece on the wall

    Texas Hill House Living Room · More Info

    jonette erhardt thanked Theresa Janssen
  • 6 years ago

    I think the mirror is interesting. I like jmm1837's idea of centering the mirror and just using a single bowl. You have a good eye, so go with what you like. I think with such an interesting piece/mirror, you could go bold on bowl, and I like the idea of bringing in colors from mirror and console, to unify the design. I don't know that this bowl is the one, but it has black, blue and green in it and has interesting shape and presence, just to give you an example.



    Big Bend Bowl · More Info




    jonette erhardt thanked freedomplace1
  • 6 years ago

    i best get to it! Creative juices a flowing😅

  • 6 years ago

    Pic ideas would be soo helpful!!!

  • 6 years ago

    I am trying to attach an idea book I just went in and out together on photos that are already in Houzz. I hope this inspires you and gives you lots of great ideas to get you going.

  • 6 years ago

    here are some

    American Drew Buffet and Mirror Set · More Info

    Nottingham Gothic Mango Wood 4 Door Dining Buffet · More Info

    Newly White Painted Furniture · More Info

    Dallas Dining Room · More Info

    Coastal Cottage Decor · More Info

    Hyde Park Bungalow · More Info

  • 6 years ago

    It won't allow me to attach the whole book I created, so I'm posting 6 photos at a time.

    Dining Buffet Ensembles · More Info

    Living Room · More Info

    Entry Foyer · More Info

    Hartford · More Info

    Southern Living Custom Builder Showcase Home at St. Simons Island · More Info

    Southeast Springfield Hearth Room · More Info

    jonette erhardt thanked Kim Oliva
  • 6 years ago

    more

    Rustic Reclaimed Wood Sideboard · More Info

    Southeast Springfield Hearth Room · More Info

    My Houzz: A Condo of Delightful Curiosities in Louisville · More Info

    Avalon Restoration · More Info

    Buffet with Uintas Mountains art by Sabrina Squires · More Info

    Palmetto Reclaimed Pine 4 Door Buffet · More Info

    jonette erhardt thanked Kim Oliva
  • 6 years ago

    I'm losing track of which ones I've already shared, so forgive me if I post more than once.

    French Urban · More Info

    Dining Rooms · More Info

    Rustic Gothic Gates Reclaimed Wood Freestanding Storage Cabine · More Info

    BecinSC · More Info

    Farmhouse Chic Dining Room · More Info

    Crawford & Burke Aptos · More Info

    jonette erhardt thanked Kim Oliva
  • 6 years ago

    some more examples

    Foyer · More Info

    Tangier Mosaic 4-Drawer Solid Wood Accent Cabinet · More Info

    Cattlet Lane · More Info

    New · More Info

    Veneto in Keswick · More Info

    Traditional Dining Room Buffet · More Info

    jonette erhardt thanked Kim Oliva
  • 6 years ago

    or you can just go check out buffet ensembles to see them all at once.

    jonette erhardt thanked Kim Oliva
  • 6 years ago

    I should have started in order

    Industrial Custom Buffet · More Info

    Eclectic Dining Room · More Info

    Painted Buffet · More Info

    Basement and Kitchen Remodeling · More Info

    Transitional Townhouse · More Info

    Timnath Charm · More Info

    jonette erhardt thanked Kim Oliva
  • 6 years ago

    You have a dark floor, with a dark buffet and a dark mirror. - some color is needed in that space. Even a bowl of lemons would break up all of the dark.

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    These are all fabulous pics- such inspiration!!!!! thank you @Kim Oliva❣️

  • 6 years ago

    six more

    Basement and Kitchen Remodeling · More Info

    Industrial Custom Buffet · More Info

    Eclectic Dining Room · More Info

    Painted Buffet · More Info

    Transitional Townhouse · More Info

    Timnath Charm · More Info

    jonette erhardt thanked Kim Oliva
  • 6 years ago

    ???

    Southern Living Custom Builder Showcase Home at St. Simons Island · More Info

    Farmhouse Chic Dining Room · More Info

    BecinSC · More Info

    Tangier Mosaic 4-Drawer Solid Wood Accent Cabinet · More Info

    Cattlet Lane · More Info

    Eclectic Dining Room · More Info

    jonette erhardt thanked Kim Oliva
  • 6 years ago

    These are all so fantastic! Thank you again so much💞🌸🥰

  • 6 years ago

    You are quite welcome, Jonette. I'm happy to help.

    jonette erhardt thanked Kim Oliva
  • 6 years ago

    I’ll keep you updated in my progress!!!🌸💜💞🌼💜❣

  • 6 years ago

    you just need to play with it. Get some really awesome decorative pieces that workwell together that you love, and rearrange until you get a look you like. lamps, stacked books, bottles, bowls..... sconces on each side can also be a nice touch. Your options are endless! Happy Decorating!

    jonette erhardt thanked Kim Oliva
  • 6 years ago

    have fun playing!

    jonette erhardt thanked Theresa Janssen
  • 6 years ago

    I could see something simple like this. Maybe a plant next to the console...

    Hall - Fashion look - URSTYLE · More Info


    Entryway Envy: 30 Vibrant Foyers We Love | HGTV · More Info


    (154) Pinterest · More Info


  • 6 years ago

    Wow these are great! Truly inspiring @kulrn🌸🌼