Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_39132844

Brizo luxe gold

Shay
4 years ago

Hello, has anyone come across a disposal air switch that matches or is very similar in color to the Brizo litze luxe gold? I’m really struggling to find a good match. Any advice or pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Comments (32)

• Shay
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you!

• annpham27
    3 years ago

Hi Shay,

Did you order this? Did they match? I'm in the same predicament. I also ready on another thread Mountain Plumbing- PVD Brushed Bronze is a match for Brizo Luxe Gold. Wondered what you ended up with.

• Shay
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Hello, I did order a color swatch from them and found one that matched but it was close to $250.00!! So I found one at Ferguson that is insinkerator brand with brushed bronze button, I think it was around $40 for the whole setup. Mountain plumbing was just way to expensive for an air switch button. I think this one is close enough, really hard to tell the difference and for MUCH cheaper. If you do go insinkerator route, just make sure you do brushed bronze, not French gold. They sent the wrong color at first and it was way off. Hope this helps :)

• annpham27
    3 years ago

Looks GREAT! Thank you so much!

• MinnesotaMary
    3 years ago

@Shay, are you liking your Brizo luxe gold? Any issues with water spotting? Thanks - and thanks for the tip on the Insinkerator air switch!

• Shay
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Yes I am, it’s one of my favorite things in my new kitchen. We got the touch faucet and it’s so nice when you are cooking. I love the color! It doesn’t really have much spotting, not that bothers me anyway.

• Nicole Arnold
    3 years ago

Hi All, I’m looking to order a mountain plumbing item to match luxe gold. You said you found a perfect match. Was it the champagne bronze or pvd brushed bronze? Thanks so much for the help!

• annpham27
    3 years ago

@Nicole Arnold It's the PVD Brushed Bronze (PVDBB). I just got my air switch and it's nearly a perfect match.

• MinnesotaMary
    3 years ago

@annpham27 Did you look at the Insinkerator brushed bronze air switch? Just wondering how it compares to the Mountain Plumbing. Thanks!

• annpham27
    3 years ago

@MinnesotaMary I had heard from someone that the Insinkerator switch felt a little plastic-y so I opted to spend a bit more on the Mountain Plumbing. The MP definitely is metal and seems like a great quality but, I've never actually felt the Insinkerator one,

• MinnesotaMary
    3 years ago

@annpham27 Where did you get your switch? Directly from MP?

• digirati
    3 years ago

Has anyone found a paint similar to Luxe gold? We're building custom bar shelving and would like it to match our Luxe Gold faucet.

• MinnesotaMary
    3 years ago

@digirati, Here is a link to a designer who found a lot of resources that will work with luxe gold. If you scroll down on the post, she shows a Rustoleum metallic paint in satin bronze. I have not tried it but might be worth a try.

http://theevansedit.com/2020/06/11/brizo-luxe-gold-cheat-sheet/

• digirati
    3 years ago

I saw that, but I think she added that as a joke. Her comment below the image is "Please don't". LOL

• MinnesotaMary
    3 years ago

But then down in the comments, she suggests trying it! lol

I remember reading on a luxe gold thread on Houzz that someone spray-painted a filtered water faucet to match but not sure which thread it was. If I find it, I will post.

• digirati
    3 years ago

That is funny. I might have to try it, though hoping to find a high quality powder coating.

• MinnesotaMary
    3 years ago
  • beachlove8
    3 years ago

Thanks for this post, Shay. Just noticed, no air gap...do you have a dishwasher near that sink? I love how clean your counter looks, between the faucet, air gap, disposal button and water filter, I have a feeling my island is going to be so cluttered.

• Shay
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you! No, no air gap. I do have a dishwasher to the right of the sink.

• beachlove8
    3 years ago

Oh nice. California has too many rules. No one will install our dishwasher without an air gap. Did you by chance do a water filter to match the gold luxe ?

• Linds Reard
    3 years ago

Brizo sells a matching air switch and air gap. Just go to their website. Oh, and a drink faucet.

• MinnesotaMary
    3 years ago

That's great! Brizo finally added those items in the luxe gold finish.

• Shay
    Original Author
    3 years ago

No, I haven’t done a water filter yet, but I want too. I was actually looking at Brizo’s beverage faucets a couple weeks ago. I’m having a harder time deciding which water filter to pick.

That is great that Brizo finally added those options. Would’ve made my life much easier if they had them when they came out with luxe gold. Im glad they gave them now.

• D H
    3 years ago

i just bought the actual Brizo air switch. it was very expensive (almost $200 - ridiculous). Brizo Luxe gold does NOT match mountain plumbing champagne bronze. Maybe it once did, but the mountain plumbing drinking faucet I received did not and I just purchased recently. On another thread, with actual photos, the mountain plumbing brushed bronze appears to look like a good match for the Brizo Luxe gold.

• MinnesotaMary
    3 years ago

@D H, I have the Brizo luxe gold faucet and the Mountain Plumbing air switch I bought that matched was the PVD Brushed Bronze (PVDBB), not champagne bronze. And it was about $160. Not sure if that helps you?

• D H
    3 years ago

Thanks @minnesotamary. Qualitybeath yet again is saying champagne bronze is the best match but it looks more gold. Another thread photo with the brushed bronze does look closer to luxe gold to me.

• MinnesotaMary
    3 years ago

@D H, here is a photo of the Brizo luxe gold and Mountain Plumbing air switch in PVD Brushed Bronze. Maybe they are getting mixed up with the Delta champagne bronze faucet? I bought an Insinkerator air switch that someone on Houzz said was a match - and it was much cheaper - but it was not match to my eye. I'm happy with this combo.

• D H
    3 years ago

@MinnesotaMary thank you! Yes, that looks like a much closer match to both my Brizo Luxe gold and Delta champagne bronze. I will try that finish. the champagne bronze from mountain plumbing was way too gold (albeit pretty). Oddly my Brizo luxe gold and delta champagne bronze were almost a perfect match which others have said in previous threads that they are not. So I think Delta changed their Delta champagne bronze finish to match their Brizo luxe gold and now everyone is confused. thank you though, this is very helpful since everyone seems to be out of sample chips for mountain plumbing around here and at the central company itself.

• PRO
    Debbi Washburn
    2 years ago

Delta's champagne bronze is almost the same - the sample chips look exact. Brizo is the designer end of Delta so it would make sense for some of the finishes to match.

Good luck!

• Kelly Vaughan
    last year

Anyone having water spot issues with the luxe gold?

• MinnesotaMary
    last year

I am pretty consistent with wiping it with a dry cloth after cleaning up but my husband is not. I noticed some spotting today and dampened a paper towel with a little vinegar and everything wiped right off. Looks like new!