sweet_betsy

HVX????????????????

Several days ago I noticed these big light spots on what I think is Sum and Substance which I thought was only sun damage. This morning after the rain I am seeing widespread fading. What does it look like to those of you who have more experience?

• sweet_betsy No AL Z7

• sunnywood4bChazyNY

Looks like sunburn.

sweet_betsy No AL Z7 thanked sunnywood4bChazyNY
  • ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

or frost damage.. if that happened in the last week or so in AL ..

the key.. for me ... is the first pic.. it looks like an echo of the leaf above.. which would have been laying on it last week ...

i wouldnt expect sunburn.. if the plant has been there all season long ... its not a recent planting is it ...

the pix dont get any bigger for me.. so its hard to see well ...

ken

sweet_betsy No AL Z7 thanked ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
  • sweet_betsy No AL Z7

The hosta has been in place since last autumn. We did have some temperatures in the 30s about two weeks ago. Here is a better picture I hope.

• djacobz568sewi

I’m relieved, couple of leaves on one of my Gold Standard are looking like this. We had the freeze a couple of weekends ago and the hosta only got some coverage from some straw.

Northern Virginia Leading Shower Glass and Mirror Designer