Software
Houzz Logo Print
jenniruthjames

can I put these chairs w this table ?

6 years ago

These 6 chairs are inherited. I would like to put them with a lighter table in my condo. Thanks!

Comments (17)

  • 6 years ago

    Not that table. Find one that uses a little wood the color of your chairs. Your chairs are interesting. What is on the back of some of them?

  • 6 years ago

    Thanks...that’s what I was thinking. I need some walnut.? Magazine holders...very unusual. I will upgrade the cushions also.

  • PRO
    6 years ago

    IMO a pass on the chairs and if that gray table is what you have definately a pss on the chairs. BTW that table looks too small for your dining space .

  • 6 years ago

    The chairs are unusual & inherited...so I want to upscale the cushions and keep them. Maybe I could have them painted? I’m looking for a table to put with them. This table is actually 60” , so pretty big. Thanks,

  • 6 years ago

    Not a Pro.

    @ACT ONE DESIGNS that's a great mood board!

  • PRO
    6 years ago

    Thanks, njmomma :)

  • 6 years ago

    ACT ONE DESIGNS ... I LOVE the ideas..but my husband really wants a round table 60”, or I’d probably already have picked one. I have toyed with putting 2 upholstered chairs beside a hutch for extra seating? I do want to get rid of the mirrors. I will show you some of what I did upstairs...color wise. Still under construction in Michigan where Gov. got a little crazy with restrictions on workers....so it’s a slow go. Anyway here’s my new bathroom & walls. Also, the hutch I can have if no other family member wants it. Michigan is very cottage like. Thanks!

  • PRO
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Lovely home. Here's a table you might like: (Mood board isn't loading)

    https://meadowblu.com/products/gabby-adams-round-dining-table



  • 6 years ago

    Those chairs are pretty cool. The are a very busy design with a lot going on. So you table base will need to be a simple design. I like what ActOne showed you, but maybe round like you are looking for. I did see one round marble top at CrateN Barrel with a metal base, don’t know you budget. What if you used the base of the table in the photo and had a light white, cream or grey marble top,fabricated?

  • 6 years ago

    I'd find a table with a much simpler pedestal base. The chairs are very detailed and need some space to breathe.

  • 6 years ago

    Love the table and chairs, but I’d be so tempted to paint chairs black by going with the rest of your house. Put them together and live with it for a while

  • 6 years ago

    Have you thought about custom table? Maybe a walnut pedestal base and a simple white top (similar to that lively mood board table but round)?

  • 6 years ago

    Here again to clarify......thinking you could keep your chairs and use the base of the table in the photo........I remembered there are two tables, I’m suggesting using the table the simple base of the table the chairs are sitting around. Looks like a solid single pedestal, could have a marble top fabricated or I found one at Living Spaces with a metal base and light colored top. I’m not tech enough to copy the image onto this chat.

  • 6 years ago

    Bonvoyage : I love the idea of using table base adding a new top. Hollybar....I agree with you and ActOne that I need a very simple base with the chairs.
    I also, like Irene Morresey’s idea about painting them....a bit scary though.

  • 6 years ago

    Gcubed....A custom table has also been a thought. There is a place where the condo is that makes custom tables.

  • PRO
    6 years ago

    The table style and finish matches your decor but the chairs clash. Your home has cool tones and the chairs are warm tones. Your biggest hurdle will be combining the competing tones.