Software
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_935490848

Knockout roses infested, what bug is this?

6 years ago

Please help me! I cannot tell what these insects are. Can you identify any? There seemed to be an infestation of flies around the top of my double knockout rose soil so I dumped out the top half and began digging around and found these insects.






Comments (3)

  • 5 years ago

    I don't know, but if you go to bugguide.net , click on ID Request, and submit a picture and information using their online form, I have found that they are very quick with identification of all sorts of bugs. Get the clearest picture of the insect that you can so they can identify it. You could try with the photos above, but if you can get better pictures it would help.

  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    Not everything you are showing is the same kind. Whatever they all are shake the potting medium off and repot in fresh mix.

  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    The white one shown on the soil could be a nymph of the adults shown in the other photos. Regardless, I agree with Embothrium's recommendation.