Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ave8er

Kitchen layout help

Paul M
3 years ago

Son in law designed a kitchen for an upcoming Reno at their home. Any thoughts on this layout?

Comments (11)

• PRO
    GN Builders L.L.C
    3 years ago

Is there enough room between the island, and the double oven? It looks a little tight. Also having a stove, a sink, double oven, and fridge so close together, is not a good idea, especially if there is more than one cook, or during a party, it will create to much traffic in one area...

Paul M thanked GN Builders L.L.C
  • felizlady
    3 years ago

There is a lot of empty space in the area, but we have no context to work with if we don’t have a to-scale floor plan of that portion of the house. Rooms adjacent, location of water lines, gas line, electrical supply, existing plumbing, what is behind the glass door...etc.
    All the appliances are jammed together with what appears to be too little room between the island and perimeter cabinets.
    More information, please....

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    3 years ago

This layout reminds me of one that some of us worked on four years ago for a poster named pglover19. Kitchen shrine was a little joke:

• Paul M
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I will get some measurements and post them. He isn’t speaking to me right this second because when he texted me the pics from Lowe’s I was not very complimentary.

• emilyam819
    3 years ago

Absolutely move the ovens... otherwise, what is the whole right side of the kitchen for?!?!

• Paul M
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Here are the house plans.

• Paul M
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Here is a shot of the tentative layout with measurements

• emilyam819
    3 years ago

The proposed fridge is on the same wall as the fridge is in the house plan, correct? Just making sure I have my bearings.

• Paul M
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Correct

• chispa
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

My previous house had the fridge next to the ovens and it worked for that kitchen. It meant that the range side (opposite) had a clean uninterrupted counter and that was the pretty and open view you got from the family room. So I don't have a dislike for the setup and never had any issues with performance of the fridge. Maybe if you run a cookie baking business out of your house and the oven runs 15 hours per day, but for most normal oven usage it has a negligible effect on the fridge.

I've never seen a beverage/wine fridge raised up like that! No need to bend down to get your beer!