Software
Houzz Logo Print
dc0442

Kitchen countertops

6 years ago

I am considering courts to replace my laminate countertops and I am not sure of color to go with my cabinets


Comments (29)

  • 6 years ago

    Are the cabinets pure white or off white?

  • 6 years ago

    I would not say white, more pinkish, Kraftmaid cabinets from about 20 years ago. no budget to replace cabinets.

  • 6 years ago

    Keep the floor color in mind when choosing the countertop color. The floor looks like it is brown so best bet is to stay away from quartz with yellows or grays. The new counter will make your cabinet color look dingy, so paint the cabinet fronts a shade of white to go with new counter. Then add cabinet handles in a metal that mixes with your sink faucet.

  • 6 years ago

    You will be asked what kind of edge for the countertop. Here is link to the types of standard edge shapes help you decide which you prefer.

    https://marble.com/articles/quartz-countertop-edges

  • 6 years ago

    I see your counter overhang has a cutaway angle. Unless the walking area is really tight right there, you probably want a more current design that does away with that angle.

  • 6 years ago

    Here is an idea for countertop color. Please keep in mind monitors don’t show true colors and the lighting in your kitchen is not the same as in the store so take samples home to see how they look.

    https://marble.com/articles/most-popular-quartz-countertop-colors

  • 6 years ago

    Here is another color

  • 6 years ago

    Another color

  • 6 years ago

    Or if you prefer a creamy color

  • 6 years ago

    Not sure if this color would work with your floor, might, might not.

  • 6 years ago

    Yes, there is a pinkish undertone to your cabinets. Your stove is ‘appliance white’...a very white white. You can see how the cabinets clash with the stove. If you paint your cabinet fronts (doors, face-frames, drawer fronts) pure white to work better with your appliances, I would suggest getting your quartz counters in a different color...not white. What colors are your walls?
    Questions before you make any decisions: Does your kitchen layout work for you? Is there a chance of a remodel or move in the next five years?

  • 6 years ago

    Another possibility.

  • 6 years ago

    You might be happier with a granite that combines shades of brown and cream that make your cabinet color feel at home (and harmonize with your floors). There are some quartzes with similar variegation, but fewer. In either case, get some samples home to see how they play with your other finishes.

    Debbie Christin thanked acm
  • 6 years ago

    Do you like this look with white cabs, white counter, white appliances, brown floor?

  • 6 years ago

    Or no?

  • 6 years ago

    Or this look?

  • 6 years ago

    Better?

  • 6 years ago

    Marylut, you gave me great ideas! I’m only able to do countertops, no $ for anything else!

  • 6 years ago

    This white kitchen has beige countertop

  • 6 years ago

    acm, I like the idea of finding creams/brown.

  • 6 years ago

    If possible can you take a cabinet door & a leftover piece of flooring with you to stone yard to see against full slabs? I find the small countertop samples don’t always truly reflect the final product. Also, if going with any type of movement or veining keep in mind any corners and where a cut/seam may be required. And then once you’ve got your countertop installed you can figure out your backsplash. Keep in mind that your lighting will affect look - 4000k LED is usually recommended as it is closest to natural daylight. Lots of choices as you’ve seen from above thread - have fun!!!

  • 6 years ago

    Do not replace the countertops until you come up with a plan.

    Because once you start down that road then it is ..... replacing the sink, replacing the faucet, etc. It is a slippery slope if you do not have a comprehensive plan.

    If you do not like your cabinets or your layout, etc. then wait until you have the money to do what you want.

    You appear to be attempting to put lipstick on a pig. It will not give you the results you are looking for, IMHO.

  • 6 years ago

    Can we see a wider photo? How much counter space would need replacing?

  • 6 years ago

    I like what Mary said. But changing light bulbs to cool white really help. Counter top in light beiges or grays. Gray can go with brown wood floor. You have a black stove top, I would do grays.

  • 6 years ago

    Thank you, Beth. I think I may need to think about painting the cabinets.

  • 6 years ago

    Like I said, one thing leads to another to another. Need to get a plan. Then you can start.

  • 6 years ago

    To the lighting 1st