pepeuve_garcia

Rapidly evolving cutting krimson queen

Pepeuve Garcia

In order not to extend the subject much, I will only comment that on my blog I have written a post about a cutting of the Hoya Krimson Queen that I cut on June 18 and sent to Sofia (Bulgaria). The 26th arrived and after five days the receiving person (Simona) wrote to me to send me a photo and tell me that it already had incipient roots. The link to the post is this
Rapidísima evolución esqueje krimson queen
Look how it is today

• Osulala

That's a beautiful cutting! Where do you live pepeuve? Sending to europe and all that jazz 😉

• Pepeuve Garcia

@Osulala
    I live in the South of Spain (Europe). Malaga, with 550,000 inhabitants, It is the capital of the famous "Costa del Sol", bathed by the Mediterranean Sea. I live 800 meters from the beach next to a large park and a large promenade full of bars and restaurants where there are all kinds of fish and seafood. The average temperature of some months can be seen here. Type in Google: Antonio Banderas promenade and / or Parque del Oeste in Malaga.

Mes Máxima / Mínima

Julio 30° / 20°

Agosto 31 / 21°

Septiembre 28 / 19

Octubre 24° / 15°

• Osulala

that's near Eurotropicals my favourite online shop for hoya! I am so jealous right now!

• Pepeuve Garcia

@KarenS, NYC
    Is anyone kind enough to tell me how you can send a private message?
    I can't find the option window in this forum.
    Thank you very much

• KarenS, NYC

Hi Pepe,

Pls try this: pass your mouse over my name where it says KarenS, above, click on my name & then look in the UPPER RIGHT CORNER, pls look for a white box saying Message.

It looks like yours is enabled for this, so I'll send you a private message.

• KarenS, NYC

Pepe,

I just sent you a private message. Your regular email should advise you, that you've gotten a Houzz Message from KarenS.

Forgot to add, I also used to post here under another name: Lmontestella, you may remember her too (improvised translation of my last name into Italian.)

Let's see if that works for you.

• Pepeuve Garcia

Recibí tu P.M. y lo he entendido correctamente "Hola, estoy tomando mi desayuno" Te enviaré un M.P.
    Que tengas un buen día

• KarenS, NYC

Just cause I'm feeling playful (& still waking up), here's a water rooted Pubicalyx cutting w/ oddly shaped leaves, which I cut off to root. The shape of this cutting, while not deliberate, makes it what's called in English a 'mallot' cutting.

Am still considering if I should grow this hydro in just Leca stones, or plant it regular mix instead. I already have several pots of no ID Pubicalyxes, which may all be the same variety, so I'm tempted to try this in Hydro instead. Have only grown H Kerrii in hydro, but that has problems, which I'll put on another thread.

• Pepeuve Garcia

@KarenS, NYC
    Message sent

• Pepeuve Garcia

@KarenS, NYC
    Curious cutting because I usually leave the upper end out of the water. I do not see the photo very well but looking at the heart shape that knots make, I sense that the longest root is from the bottom of the stem. I'm wrong?

• KarenS, NYC

Hi Pepe,

"looking at the heart shape that knots make" sorry, I don't understand what this means.

I did it that way 'cause when I cut it, I wan't paying enough attention & I lost track of which way was up. So I guessed it could root from both ends & then I could plant it that way, ended up as sort of an experiment.

• Pepeuve Garcia

Hi Karen
    What if it is true that the petioles of the leaves come out from the upper part of the knot. So I know when the knot (heart) is in the correct position to plant the cutting. And going back to see the photo I already have my doubts. I'm sorry I confused you

• KarenS, NYC

I said it's experimental, your terms are confusing me more & more.

Pls use the Spanish term for 'knot', so I can get a translation.

The only thing I can think you mean is NODE, the joint or knuckle on the stem from which new growth forms. If below ground (or water) will be roots; if above ground (or water) it will be leaves.

Are you trying to say NODO?

• Pepeuve Garcia

My English is very poor and sometimes I make mistakes.
    Indeed the joint or knuckle on the stem from which new growth forms is a knot.

• KarenS, NYC

No wonder I'm confused. But if I were trying to explain this in Spanish or Portuguese, I'm sure I'd mess it up too ;>)

So now it's clear to me, it's not a KNOT, so pls stop repeating that

it IS a NODE.

Anyway, am planting it horizontally so it can grow from where ever it chooses.

Here's its funny shaped leaves, it's off a Pubicalyx of some kind.

While I handled it for pix, the older leaf dropped off. So, it's in w/ Leca stones & I'll see what happens.

Now that it's just 2 leaves, I was able to see it better.

Look what I found, I believe this green curly thing is a new stem, makes sense since it's growing out of the node.

• Pepeuve Garcia

it's amazing. I had never seen it

• KarenS, NYC

Thanks, me either. Would you agree w/ me, that it looks more like a new stem than roots?

I'll try to post updates.

• Pepeuve Garcia

Opino igual que tú. El color tambien lo delata (verde = con clorofila). O al menos eso supongo.

• KarenS, NYC

Thanks, I got most of it, but did we lose your translation ability?

Here's the translation I got:

[I think the same as you. The color also gives it away (green = with chlorophyll). Or at least I suppose so.]

Cool, thanks.