Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
worood1990

Kitchen design

Woroud Abuawad
3 years ago

I have a very small kitchen and looking to be able to sort the cabinets in a way I maximize the space, i had different design, but none of them is what I want. any creative Ideas? I want wall mounted oven and microwave and counter top stove here is a picture with the kitchen dimensions please help me.

Comments (5)

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    3 years ago

Are there any other doors into the kitchen? How many people use the kitchen at the same time? What rooms are adjacent to the kitchen? Will you be using standard-sized appliances? What is the bump-out on the right side of the plan? Do you need an eat-in area and/or a pantry? In the meantime, here's a quick idea which might not work, since we don't have a lot of info:

• Woroud Abuawad
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you so much. so its a weird u shaped kitchen and the dining area is right next to it, I do need a pantry, not sure where to place it. on the right the bump-out is 6.5 in and then a wall 30 in and where it has the 27 in wall ( this wall continues on the ceiling only it’s like a ceiling beam or so. I will try to take clear pictures showing the kitchen

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

This is a tough one. I think you can get a decent kitchen work space, but seating will be a problem. Here is the plan I posted above, on a grid. The fridge is recessed into the bump-out, with a pantry beside it. I use a full-size oven, in a 30" cabinet, with a 33" fridge, but I would suggest using a smaller fridge (30" full depth), with a 33" oven cabinet, so you can use some insulation between them. The pantry is in the corner (pics to follow), and I drew an 18" DW. The 33" single sink is centered on the window, but if you don't mind having the sink off-center, the DW could switch to 24", with 27" single sink. You can have the counter cut in a positive sink reveal, and use an integrated cutting board over part of the sink, to increase prep space.

The counter to the left of the DW is a table, which can be counter-height, or worktable height, and can be used for prep and seating, then be moved length-wise against the wall to the left of the DW (red rectangle). 24" x 48" kitchen work tables are common, or you could have one custom made with a top to match your counters. This website has instructions for a 32" x 48" table, but it could be modified to 24".

Stainless steel and butcher block 24" x 48" table/John Boos

The seating would be a tight fit, but I can't think of an alternative. Maybe someone else will have an idea, or you could post your designs, and we could offer advice.

Corner pantry cabinet options:

Integrated cutting board:

• Woroud Abuawad
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you so much for the help. it’s super small space to work with I appreciate you making it work

• Max Goldman
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

If this is just a kitchen without a dining room function, then I will not agree with you that this is a small room! In my first apartment, the kitchen was half the size of the one shown in yours. If you want to save space, then I advise you not to use full-size devices. They have exactly the same functionality, but in a smaller size. Yes, it may not be convenient, but it takes up little space. I advise you to use kitchen furniture compact, as well as in light colors. An example can be found here https://cabinetselect.com/, they have models in light colors. Also use more lighting, together with light furniture, this will visually expand the kitchen. Good luck with the repair!