Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_58962921

Downstairs Bathroom Completed!

User
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

The shower doors and the “barre bar” went in today and I could not be happier. The bar projects two inches from the side of the shower and is both a ledge for bottles and a grab bar. It was very pricey as grab bars go but it’s super functional and looks very smart.

with the barre bar installed

Vanity and sink, custom wood medicine cabinet and lighting in chrome with black metal shades.

Comments (30)

• User
    3 years ago

beautiful! what did you do for the shower floor and walls? I'm interested in solid surface for myself.

User thanked User
  • User
    Original Author
    3 years ago

The shower walls and floor are a Kohler composite. product called Choreograph. It was a special order from Home Depot.

• mojomom
    3 years ago

Very nice! Love the wallpaper and shower door!

User thanked mojomom
  • amykath
    3 years ago

Looks so nice!! I love the black in the bathroom. It looks modern yet cozy with the wallpaper. I love everything about it! You did a fantastic job.

User thanked amykath
  • User
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you ! It is an oddly pleasing mix of vintage and modern looks. I really love it.

• nutsaboutplants
    3 years ago

Nice, very nice!!

User thanked nutsaboutplants
  • maire_cate
    3 years ago

I love the black framing on the shower door - it's really eye catching and I like how it picks up on the black mirror and lights. Another well done project!

User thanked maire_cate
  • Lyban zone 4
    3 years ago

Stunning! I love the shower doors and your barre bar. For a small bathroom that black and white make a beautiful room. You sure have an eye for decorating KSWL.

User thanked Lyban zone 4
  • Bluebell66
    3 years ago

Oooh, I like it! Yes, modern, vintage and cozy are apt descriptions. I really like the black.

User thanked Bluebell66
  • Funkyart
    3 years ago

It really is a pleasing mix of vintage and modern look. I couldn't love the shower doors more! Well done! It's inspiring ... a small bathroom doesn't have to be boring!

User thanked Funkyart
  • 1929Spanish-GW
    3 years ago

Love it! You have such great taste.

User thanked 1929Spanish-GW
  • daisychain Zn3b
    3 years ago

So lovely! I know there is debate about this term, but it has that timeless appeal. Especially like the wallpaper and black shower details.

User thanked daisychain Zn3b
  • lizbeth-gardener
    3 years ago

Nicely done! I love the wallpaper and how it softens the room and also pulls it all together.

User thanked lizbeth-gardener
  • DLM2000-GW
    3 years ago

Oh I love that wallpaper! The whole thing is just perfect, a little bit modern, a little bit cottage, not too anything.

User thanked DLM2000-GW
  • IdaClaire
    3 years ago

It's lovely! You made excellent choices!

User thanked IdaClaire
  • mtnrdredux_gw
    3 years ago

So jealous. I am really tired of glass shower doors and thought I had "made up" the idea of muntined ones, but I could not find anyone outside of NYC to fabricate them for my Maine house. Yours look just great. Love the wallpaper with it all, too.

Not sure I follow how the ledge is a grab bar?

User thanked mtnrdredux_gw
  • Fun2BHere
    3 years ago

The only part I don't love is the floor, but I think you said that it looks better in real life than in pictures. You did a great job of elevating that shower surround. It so much easier to maintain solid surface shower walls and floors. I can't wait to see even more rooms.

User thanked Fun2BHere
  • pudgeder
    3 years ago

Spectacular!!

User thanked pudgeder
  • User
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you all for these nice comments! Fun2b, I made up my mind not to replace the tile because in real life it looks much grayer. The tile actually has three colors, beige, gray and white. The weird light rusty color is just out of the blue 🤔

Mtn, the bar is held two inches away from the shower wall by the cylindrical chrome attachment hardware. My hand fits around it perfectly. It’s 30 inches long and mounted towards the shower head so a bather could hold on with one hand to reach up for the hand held sprayer. Or the seat could be moved to the center of the shower and a person could hold on while sitting down. It doesn’t look like a grab bar but that is it’s primary function. They designed it to also hold bath products. The bar itself is very heavy, rolled and polished aluminum.

• User
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Fun, it is made by Kohler and although it’s sold as part of this line but can be installed on any solid surface or tile, judging by the comments and reviews posted about them online. They come in a couple of different finishes and lengths: https://www.us.kohler.com/us/choreograph-36-in-shower-barre/productDetail/accessories-grab-bars/1094303.htm

• OutsidePlaying
    3 years ago

Your bathroom redo turned out great. I particularly love the shower as it makes the whole bathroom a bit out of the ordinary.

User thanked OutsidePlaying
  • Arapaho-Rd
    3 years ago

Absolutely ❤ it all....every single thing. I'm getting ready for two bathroom remodels and yours is my inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing. Can you share your shower door info too?

User thanked Arapaho-Rd
  • User
    Original Author
    3 years ago

The shower door company is Coastal, and this particular door is from their Gridscapes range. It is available from many retail outlets as well as dealer / install companies. It is also surprisingly affordable. This door was $853 Plus tax with free shipping to the store. Handy Guy met me there and they uncrated it for inspection and loaded it onto his truck. He spent about two hours putting it up. I pay him $50 per hour plus traveling time from Atlanta (well worth his time and skill), so the total cost was under $1100. The quote I got for a custom frameless shower door with a handle from a fabricator we’ve used before in Atlanta was $1700.

BTW... Contrary to my expectations (and earlier thread) this door does not swing in and out: I was mistaken as it only swings out. The quoted door had the 180 degree sweep.

• tannatonk23_fl_z9a
    3 years ago

Your bathroom turned out just beautiful. I just love the wallpaper in this room. The floor tile in my house is very similar to yours and I know in photos it always looks beige, but IRL it looks mostly gray with some tan and white depending on wall color. It’s quite neutral to my eyes.

that wallpaper ...❤️

User thanked tannatonk23_fl_z9a
  • Rory (Zone 6b)
    3 years ago

Everything is so lovley! I need to redo 2 baths and the shower system is just what I am looking for - no tile or grout and easy clean. Love the wall paper too!

User thanked Rory (Zone 6b)
  • Bunny
    3 years ago

Kswl, it's fabulous. I'm curious though about the handle that seems to be on the inside of the door. What are the chances of bumping into one of those corners (I'm a klutz)?

User thanked Bunny
  • bpath
    3 years ago

It’s beautiful! That wallpaper!

Tell me something about the vanity: the top left drawer, does it open?

User thanked bpath
  • Fun2BHere
    3 years ago

Thank you for the link to the Kohler products. Sadly, it doesn't come in polished nickel. I love the concept though.

User thanked Fun2BHere
  • Feathers11
    3 years ago

Those shower doors are fantastic! And I can't believe how reasonable it was.

User thanked Feathers11
Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!