Software
Houzz Logo Print
ellengillaspie

New painting please help!

13 years ago
last modified: 13 years ago
Hello. I have to ask your help again. I built what friends have called my "grown up" house and have been trying to decorate it in a very tasteful sophisticated way. I found the attached painting at a local store and I absolutely love it. I understand that this will not suit everyone's taste but my question is about how to position it. I was hoping it would work for on top of the fireplace mantle; however, I am not sure. Is it too tall to place it on the mantle shown in last photo or is it more appropriate to lay it "sideways" as in The first 2 photos? FYI, the artist signed it on the bottom right hand corner as positioned in photo 3. Many thanks in advance for your input.

Comments (11)