Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lolalee136

Master bedroom makeover

Laura J.
3 years ago

I need help renovating my master bedroom. It’s a decent sized space but is a mess. What would you do with this room? The 4th wall not shown is the door to the bathroom and door to the walk-in closet.

For budget purposes I think I need to keep the bed frame and tall dresser as is. Should I paint? Change light fixtures? Rearrange the room? Add drapes? I know for sure I need to get rid of the makeshift nightstands and old lamps and get something new. Any suggestions on nightstands/lamps would be appreciated.

Comments (17)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Get rid of that awful ceiling light to start. Do you love the bedding IMO someting much prettier for sure. You need proper sized night table ans lamps Some drapes to work with the new bedding wall mount the TV above the light colored dresser and move the tall dresser to the walk in. With that bed paint that lower dresser the same as the bed. You need to share with us what it is you want. What is your style? Maybe start an idea book with bedrooms you like. Right now all you will get is 100s of ideas and no closer to what you want. Is this space shared with someone? BTW next time you take pics at least pick up the stuff off the floor.

Laura J. thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • Laura J.
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you for the feedback. Should the nightstands match the bed or go with a different color? I will start an idea book, thanks for this I haven’t used this site before. I don’t love the bedding but my husband is in love with this quilt (More for the weight of it). Im sure we can come up with a compromise with new bedding.

• everdebz
    3 years ago

If you keep accent color on wall, maybe grey on grey table is fine...

Linore 1 Light Table Lamp, Gold · More Info

Sawhorse Solid Wood 24 In Wide Bedside Nightstand Table · More Info

Laura J. thanked everdebz
  • everdebz
    3 years ago

Leick Furniture Delton Solid Wood Square End Table in Sienna Brown · More Info

• everdebz
    3 years ago

Your ceiling light might in person look like this - idea to try neutral textures, like a faux fur blanket/throw at foot of bed... an accent chair with nice lines....

Transitional Meets Industrial · More Info

• everdebz
    3 years ago

Maybe you'll find a patterned item... this purple one might look 'fresh' with greys in the room.

Eva Printed 100% Cotton Duvet Cover Set, Purple and White, King/Cal King · More Info

Edward Glass and Crystal LED Table Lamp, 27" · More Info

• everdebz
    3 years ago

Cottonpure 100% Cotton Pintuck Duvet Cover Mini Set, Scarlet, King · More Info

Linda Table Lamp, Brushed Steel · More Info

• Laura J.
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Haha that would be ideal! Unfortunately, because we use the drawers that are built into the bed we can’t block it.

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    3 years ago

First nice bedding, then side tables with lamps and curtains.

Laura J. thanked Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
  • Laura J.
    Original Author
    3 years ago

i have some new bedding on the way. Do you think a side table like this would work? The bed is tall so I’m having a hard time finding side tables that are tall enough.

• everdebz
    3 years ago

From houzz.com "story" article. I read lots of them, helpful.

• everdebz
    3 years ago

Here's a comment about height: Special antiques. This display stand makes an artful nightstand, and its height stands up to the scale of the tall bed.

• everdebz
    3 years ago

Nothing wrong with quilts - could be as well to display on side wall... curious what your new bedding is!

• everdebz
    3 years ago

and your table seems a softer shade of your bed, I can't tell. The handles are fine, but not like your contemporary knobs...?

• PRO
    Darci Hether New York
    3 years ago

We'd like to share some bedroom inspiration with you:

Riverside Drive: Bedroom · More Info

Park Avenue Apartment · More Info

Central Park West: Bedroom 2 · More Info

Watersound Beach New Construction: Bedroom 3 · More Info

• JustDoIt
    3 years ago

You can keep the quilt and simplify the linen.