Software
Houzz Logo Print
kimberlykeno

Window Treatment ideas

13 years ago
Hi! We just moved and I hated the window treatments that were in our living room. Had them taken down. Now, I need to figure out what to put in their place.
The file I attached was taken right after our painters finished.

Comments (12)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Here are some solutions...it all depends on your personal taste and of course your budget (as Karemore55 mentioned). www.pleatedblindsstore.com
  • 13 years ago
    I think drapes would look better. It's difficult to tell from this pic, but the room is (or will be) very formal.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    These are from the JCP website. Cellular, insulating, soft colors, clean-looking, and can adjust from both top and bottom (and they are on sale right now).
    kimberly thanked Willow Home Projects
  • 13 years ago
    I think I was confused about shades. I didn't realize there were so many different styles.
  • 13 years ago
    Well, one type I would advise you to avoid is those wicker type blinds. I had custom Hunter Douglas wicker shades several years ago and was so unhappy with them because they really sagged and just didn't look good generally, so Sears came back to my home and looked at them, then offered to let me pick something different at no extra charge. So I picked the Pirouettes, which I loved, and we split the difference with Sears on the extra cost because they were rather expensive.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    What was there that you did not like? If you do shades on those top windows, you will need motorization to open and shut them. What are your needs? Do you need privacy? If not, I'd go for long stationary panels for a formal room. Hard to tell without seeing the rest of the room. You have limited space on either side of the fireplace.
    Curtain panels this length should be tackled by a pro. Consult your local window treatment specialist!
  • 13 years ago
    I've attached a pic. The draperies were custom and they were mainly black with some gold. Notice the top...it reminds of Carol Burnett when she is wearing a dress and she said "i saw it in the window and had to have it." and it was an actual window treatment. I'll leave the top windows open with no treatments
  • 13 years ago
    I think you should leave the top windows exposed. It will bring in lots of natural light and warmth into the room. As for the bottom ones, roman shades are simple and clean and would look great in this room!
    kimberly thanked Nicole Lee
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    You should definitely have a Hunter Douglas Dealer send out one of their design specialist to give you an in-home estimate and go over all your options with window treatments. There are so many different options, everything from honeycombs to privacy sheers to plantation shutters to roman shades. Tons of different colors and fabrics to choose from. Most Hunter Douglas Dealers offer free in home design consultations anyways so I would highly suggest going this route. Follow the link below to locate one:
    http://www.hunterdouglas.com/where-to-buy.jsp
  • 13 years ago
    With the tall ceilings, consider floor to ceiling panels on the outside of each set of windows. It would look very dramatic and make a great focal wall!
    kimberly thanked jackiemom22
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    you could also consider using Plantation shutters in the openings. Have an installer tilt the upper window units just enough to block direct sun. They look great in your application