Software
Houzz Logo Print
mkroddy

Mst Bath Finishing Touches

5 years ago

We are looking for wallpaper, new sconces, and something between the mirrors. The walls in the bathroom are white. The mirrors are a 4 inch thick reclaimed wood. The cabinet pulls are bronze/brushed nickel and the faucets are square brushed nickel. We have a coastal modern farmhouse decor.

Comments (13)

  • 5 years ago

    We would like a neutral textured wallpaper suitable for humidity

  • 5 years ago

    Is there enough light in the bathroom for grooming and makeup? Two-light sconces can work if you have some light from a good ceiling fixture or recessed ceiling lights.
    I am sure your local wallpaper store will have a book or two showing bathroom-use papers made for a bit of humidity. The wallpaper you select should have some of your wall and counter color included.
    An exhaust fan in the bathroom can help remove excess moisture and aromas.

  • PRO
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    Your planning was off with regards to mirrors and electrical work? One large mirror. Your sink placement , and vanity size isn't the best for two mirrors. the lights above the mirror can go UP!! YOU DON'T NEED a foot or more of dead space.

    Look in the contract vinyl at Phillip Jeffries, but honestly? I don't love ANY wallpaper in a bathroom. Solve the mirror issue first IONE PLEASE.



    Add a bit of black....lights and towel hardware





    If you do above.........I doubt you will feel the need for paper. ADD ART. : ) We cant' see the entire space................................

  • 5 years ago

    I think I’ll take my chances. I already have towel holders on each side. I think I’ll stick with bronze, no black. Thanks.

  • PRO
    5 years ago

    The point is the MIRROR. Yours are leaving you a big gap. Making you want paper....or another light which will not look good. Just move your existing bronze fixtures up. Those can change at your will, .......to bronze or any other.


  • 5 years ago

    The lights are dated! Yes I agree maybe moving the lighting up some could help, but the wall needs the texture of a grasscloth, vinyl coated.

  • PRO
    5 years ago

    Then why are you asking us you have already decided.IMO you start the decor with the wallpaper and all the other bits are done to work with that.

  • 5 years ago

    Sorry, I’m not a pro. I won’t ask again.

  • PRO
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    You have to prepare yourself for solutions. From PRO or genpop, If your mind is made up? then you proceed and do it.

    Wall paper is never a great solution in humid areas. THAT IS SIMPLE FACT. The issue bothering you is the gap between mirrors, and the white walls. Pick a color you love and paint. I won't mention the real problem/answer to it again..........: ) yeah, I will. It's the mirrors. /gap. More mirror will brighten, enlarge visually, the entire bath.

  • 5 years ago

    I'm in middle of a complete bathroom remodel. Decisions are difficult! One feature I've noticed on Houzz, with bathroom remodels by professionals, is that an oval sink usually has a rectangle mirror, and the opposite, sinks with corners have oval mirrors. And usually just 2 lights when placed above mirror. I'll fill my space between mirrors with a tall vase or maybe a reproduction statue (Venus?). Enjoy all the comments!

  • 5 years ago

    Thank you for your kind suggestions. You have been very helpful! I definitely will try one.