Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_741593437

Monstera Leaf Damage

HU-741593437
3 years ago

I purchased my first monstera a few weeks ago and it seems to be doing well - new leaves are appearing and opening quickly. There is damage on most of the leaves and I can’t tell if it’s caused by bumps and bruises, pests, or inadequate environment. The light green leaf is new since I brought it home and has these brown spots, so I don’t believe it’s caused by injury during transit or at the store. Can anyone help me identify what’s causing these unsightly tears and spots?

Comment (1)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    3 years ago

you have had multiple leaves unfurl in a few weeks since you got it ...

looks like what we call mechanical damage ... and you seem to call... bumps and bruises ...

one would hope your seller isnt selling infected or infested stock ... your county Ag office would be interested if they were ...

i figure is was shipping damage form grower.. to seller to your house.. plus the stresses involved with all that ...

you seem to have a lot of faith in store help being as gentle as you .. lol ... im thinking about who threw it in a box.. and threw the box on a truck.. or boxed it.. etc ... sometimes it takes weeks for minor injuries to brown ...

i would just water it properly.. let it de-stress ... and in a few weeks i would cut off A FEW of the ugliest leaves ... keep in mind.. as long as a leaf has any green.. its converting light into energy ...

its stressed right now.. not hungry.. fert is not an option ...

if you can actually find a bug ... we can deal with that later.. but until you do.. we dont treat for such willy nilly ...

that your plant hasnt aborted new leaves.. tells me.. it probably doing ok ... so lets try not to love it to death in the meantime ...

ken