Fireplace Builtins

Tricia Reinhart

I want to do builtins next to our stone fireplace but do not want to do a bookcase or open shelves above and am struggling to find pictures for inspiration - I want to do a warm wood stain with black metal pulls to warm up the light floors and we are doing a dry bar on the left side.

I’m looking for ideas for lighting (I’m thinking small recessed lights above the builtins and lamps on each corner) as well as art above the builtins or could I potentially do wallpaper (with no art) or would it be too busy? 1st pic is current state (hodge podge of furniture, none of it is staying) and 2nd is my horrible mock-up that I did by editing the pic on my iPhone:)

last pic is a tray that sparked my war wood / black metal obsession / inspiration - hopefully it helps with color scheme vs the brown marker I used to mock-up the pic