jenna_sanford

Prep Sink: Do I need it?

Jenna Sanford

Hello, I need some advice! My husband and I are working with a builder to do our custom home. Here is a snippet of our floor plan-- the kitchen! Our kitchen is about 15' x 20' and our center island is 5' x 8'. My initial thought was to have the center island be "bare" with nothing on it because Im big into baking and want all the counter space. However, after learning about the "kitchen triangle rule", Im worried that our sink is too far away from our fridge. I'd love to get some other's opinions on if you would put a prep sink somewhere in the kitchen or if you think I'd be fine to leave it as is. Thank you in advance for your help!

EDIT: You all talked me into getting the prep sink. Im going to put in the red box below as I want to keep my island open and clean for entertaining and baking. Thanks for your help!